Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Book Swap Sites

For discussion about particular book sellers (brick-and-mortar bookstores, online book sellers, auction sites, swap sites, etc.)
Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Tue November 9th, 2010, 6:33 pm

[quote=""Misfit""] I have more books I could list, but I hold back until I am point "hungry". [/quote] I think I will start doing that, as well. I had absolutely no idea my books would go so fast -- 22 of 25 books gone in a week! So now I have all these points that I think it will take me a long time to use -- nothing on my wish lists seems to be available at either PBS or BookMooch. :( I have a couple more books I could swap out, but I can see they are on 20+ wish lists, so I think I'll just wait until I need the points. I'm learning.... :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue November 9th, 2010, 7:24 pm

[quote=""Michy""]I think I will start doing that, as well. I had absolutely no idea my books would go so fast -- 22 of 25 books gone in a week! So now I have all these points that I think it will take me a long time to use -- nothing on my wish lists seems to be available at either PBS or BookMooch. :( I have a couple more books I could swap out, but I can see they are on 20+ wish lists, so I think I'll just wait until I need the points. I'm learning.... :) [/quote]

I just save what I've not listed and take to the UBS for purchase credits.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

This one took a while to get here

Post by Misfit » Thu December 16th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Boy, had to share this. Book was requested and mailed in early October (10/4 postmark). PBS had given it up for a loss and gave the point back. It just landed this week, two months later. No clue as to where it has been in the meantime.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Michy
Bibliophile

Trading book swap credits

Post by Michy » Mon January 3rd, 2011, 6:19 am

I am a member of two book swap sites, BookMooch and Paper Back Swap, and I would like to get rid of some of my BM credits in exchange for some PBS credits. If anyone else here is a member of both sites and is interested in doing a trade, let me know.

I think this is probably limited to U.S. residents, since I don't think Paper Back Swap is available outside of the U.S. :(

Return to “Book Sellers/Traders”