Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Favourite bookshop?

For discussion about particular book sellers (brick-and-mortar bookstores, online book sellers, auction sites, swap sites, etc.)
Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Mon August 10th, 2009, 1:21 am

The one independent shop near my work, and the independent shop near my house.

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Thu September 17th, 2009, 4:33 am

[quote=""Amanda""]DeepDiscounts are another US new book seller with a decent shipping rate to Australia.[/quote]

Thank you thank you!! Was gonna order from AMazon but I can't get over their postage! This one is brilliant! :D
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu September 17th, 2009, 2:50 pm

[quote=""Veronica""]Thank you thank you!! Was gonna order from AMazon but I can't get over their postage! This one is brilliant! :D [/quote]

Don't forget both The Book Depository and Aphrohead, both UK sites with good selections but free shipping worldwide.

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Thu September 17th, 2009, 11:13 pm

[quote=""sweetpotatoboy""]Don't forget both The Book Depository and Aphrohead, both UK sites with good selections but free shipping worldwide.[/quote]

I don't think that The book depository is any cheaper than Amazon. Their books cost more than Amazon to cover the freight costs so it is more or less the same.
Don't think I've heard about Aphrohead, have to check it out.
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Fri September 18th, 2009, 3:29 am

One of my main online bookshops is Books-A-Million. They have stores on the East Coast. But I do a lot of ordering from them.

And I do much used shopping on the Powell's website.

Return to “Book Sellers/Traders”