Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My Catalina by Maureen Peters

Ever run into a book that sounds intriguing, but you can't find a description about it anywhere? Ask your fellow members--maybe they've heard of it!
Helen_Davis

My Catalina by Maureen Peters

Post by Helen_Davis » Sun January 4th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Saw this on Amazon and it looks intriguing. Anyone hear have any idea what it's about? I posted in the by author forum but did not get any responses.

Here's a link and pic of cover

http://www.amazon.com/My-Catalina-Maure ... y+catalina

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Sun January 4th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Wow no reviews or description on Goodreads either. I would guess it's about Catherine/Catalina of Aragon. If you look at the author's other books, she seems to write a lot about the Tudors.

LOL at some of the titles though: Katheryn the Wanton Queen and The Woodville Wench. They sound like romances of the more 'old school' (i.e. not very feminist) variety.

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Mon January 5th, 2015, 12:50 am

I have enjoyed her work in the past. A shame this is so expensive.

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Mon January 5th, 2015, 8:57 pm

I did some searching on the Library of Congress (LC) online catalog and they don't have it. Peters wrote under three pseudonyms: Veronica Black, Catherine Darby, and Elizabeth Law.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed January 7th, 2015, 4:05 am

Peters wrote under multiple names :) Veronica Black, Belinda Grey, Catherine Darby, Elizabeth Law, Judith Rothman, Levanah Lloyd and Sharon Whitby.

I'd say Lady B is right - the woman on the cover is dressed in Tudor style. Publisher is Robert Hale- bad news - they specialized in historical fiction but never did big print runs, so RH books tend to be hard to find and quite expensive when you do track them down.

SallyWicked

Post by SallyWicked » Fri May 15th, 2015, 12:19 pm

[quote=""Helen_Davis""]Saw this on Amazon and it looks intriguing. Anyone hear have any idea what it's about? I posted in the by author forum but did not get any responses.

Here's a link and pic of cover

http://www.amazon.com/My-Catalina-Maure ... y+catalina[/quote]

Yep, this is about Catharine of Aragorn.

Peters had several novels about wives of Henry VIII.

Return to “What's This Book About?”