Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Help..Title might be Lady in Waiting..Forgot Author

Can't remember the name of the book and/or the author? Ask here--maybe we can help!
kd1776
Scribbler

//Solved//Help..Title might be Lady in Waiting..Forgot Author

Post by kd1776 » Tue June 25th, 2013, 6:04 pm

I read this fantastic book that I was almost certain was titled either Lady in Waiting or Ladies in Waiting. In trying to find the book I have read three different books titled Lady in Waiting and still have not found the one I am looking for.
The plot is about two ladies in waiting to a tudor queen (i think one of Henry VIII wives. Someone feels threatened that one of the girls will attract kings attention. So to have her ruined a man kidnaps her and there are arrangements made for the two of them to be caught in compromising position before she regains her senses. She ends up falling in love with this man. If I am remembering correctly their marraige helps save her life by keeping her arms distance from the intrigues and scheming in court.
Hope someone can help me find this book.It is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by kd1776 on Fri July 12th, 2013, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue June 25th, 2013, 6:23 pm

I'm stumped, but hopefully someone else has an idea. Welcome to HFO :)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed June 26th, 2013, 2:44 am

Have you read Denise Domning's Lady in Waiting?

Maybe it would be useful if you told us the ones you have already read which weren't the right one.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Wed June 26th, 2013, 7:21 am

There's a Lady in Waiting by Rosemary Sutcliff as well, but it's about Walter Raleigh and Bess Throckmorton.

kd1776
Scribbler

Post by kd1776 » Fri July 5th, 2013, 3:24 am

Thank you annis and Lady B for suggestions. I have found that the books by Denise Domning, Nicole Byrd, and Rosemary Sutcliff are not the one I am searching for. Please keep suggestions coming. Thank you all for your time and attention.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Fri July 5th, 2013, 4:29 am

What about Barbara Kyle? Or Susan Wiggs?

kd1776
Scribbler

Post by kd1776 » Fri July 5th, 2013, 8:57 am

Amanda I am unable to find any Barbara Kyle or Susan Wiggs that has a title relatively close to Lady in Waiting. Are there any specific titles you might be thinking of?

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Fri July 5th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Sorry....I was thinking ABOUT ladies in waiting! Duh!!!!

kd1776
Scribbler

Post by kd1776 » Fri July 5th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Amanda no problem at all. The reason I remember the title was something very close to Lady in Waiting is because it came out around the time the Lady in Waiting christian book.came out. When my mom told me I needed to read it I confused the two and read the romance instead...ooops!!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri July 5th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Any idea when it was published? I.e. older 80s romance, or something newer? If you're thinking of one of the older historicals there's a group at Goodreads that might be able to help you out.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Who Wrote It? What's the Title?”