Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Help..Title might be Lady in Waiting..Forgot Author

Can't remember the name of the book and/or the author? Ask here--maybe we can help!
kd1776
Scribbler

Post by kd1776 » Sat July 6th, 2013, 1:09 am

I think it came out around 1996 ish maybe a little latee

kd1776
Scribbler

Solved!!

Post by kd1776 » Fri July 12th, 2013, 2:08 am

Thanks to evereyone for their helpful ideas. The book I was searching for is Love, Remember Me by Bertrice Small. Check it out if this story line sounded interesting to you.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Fri July 12th, 2013, 10:35 am

Glad you found it, thanks for letting us know. I looked it up on Amazon and it looks like a fun easy read, although something seems a bit off about the character names...

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon July 15th, 2013, 10:02 am

OMG, I remember reading the first in this series a zillion years ago. It was particularly memorable for a scene where Blaze Wyndham, the heroine, is tupped by a randy Henry VIII over a table!! Small is the ultimate ripper of bodices and other assorted garments :)

As I recall Blaze was one of several sisters all with highly unlikely Tudor Christian names, but their parents got around it by plonking "Mary" in front of all the girls' "real" names. As we say in NZ, "yeah, nah".

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon July 15th, 2013, 2:28 pm

[quote=""annis""]OMG, I remember reading the first in this series a zillion years ago. It was particularly memorable for a scene where Blaze Wyndham, the heroine, is tupped by a randy Henry VIII over a table!! Small is the ultimate ripper of bodices and other assorted garments :)

As I recall Blaze was one of several sisters all with highly unlikely Tudor Christian names, but their parents got around it by plonking "Mary" in front of all the girls' "real" names. As we say in NZ, "yeah, nah".[/quote]

I tried the first in Small's Sky O'Malley series. The manroot done me in :D ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Mon July 15th, 2013, 3:12 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]The manroot done me in :D ;) [/quote]

I have no idea what that means... but do I really want to know? :eek:

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon July 15th, 2013, 3:19 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]I have no idea what that means... but do I really want to know? :eek: [/quote]

I've been thinking exactly the same thing :eek:
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon July 15th, 2013, 4:22 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]I've been thinking exactly the same thing :eek: [/quote]

Yep, that would be it. Small is a bit...ummmm.colorful when describing a man's other parts. I'd have to go back to my original review for quotes.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Who Wrote It? What's the Title?”