Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Looking for an historical novel based on Eleanor of Aquitaine's sotry

Can't remember the name of the book and/or the author? Ask here--maybe we can help!
Pams6650

Looking for an historical novel based on Eleanor of Aquitaine's sotry

Post by Pams6650 » Sat June 3rd, 2023, 8:49 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a novel I read about the life of a woman. Her story has a lot of similarities with Eleanor of Aquitaine's story.
In the book, the woman has several children, including one son that she adores and that, if I remember correctly, finds out he's gay. He's the only one of her children to stay close to her. The woman is in a quarrel with her ex husband after having lived a passionate love story and then having been rejected. The story takes place in England or in France, during the Middle Ages. The book must have been written before 1990.
The foreword of the book explicitely specified that the novel was based on Eleanor of Aquitaine's story.

Would you know what novel I'm talking about ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Return to “Who Wrote It? What's the Title?”