Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Marlena De Blasi What Order?

Trying to remember a title or an author? Want to know who or what a particular novel is about? Want a recommendation for books about a particular person or period? Post here!
rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Marlena De Blasi What Order?

Post by rebecca » Thu June 28th, 2012, 6:01 am

I first came across this lady in a book review of her latest book 'Antonia and her Daughters'....but as I read on I found it stated that this was the third book in a trilogy. I have been trying to find out what the first and second books are in this particular trilogy. There seem to be so many titles and yet contain the same story. I think 'A Thousand Days in Venice' is the first, but what is the second?

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks Bec :)

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri June 29th, 2012, 2:52 am

Here's a listing from her publisher's website, giving descriptions of her books and publication dates, which might be helpful. They are non-fiction titles.

http://www.allenandunwin.com/default.as ... author=391

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Fri June 29th, 2012, 3:37 am

[quote=""annis""]Here's a listing from her publisher's website, giving descriptions of her books and publication dates, which might be helpful. They are non-fiction titles.

http://www.allenandunwin.com/default.as ... author=391[/quote]

Thanks Annis :)

I think the confusion is that in some countries her books are titled differently. I still can't fathom why publishers do that.

Bec :)

KoaKat

Post by KoaKat » Mon July 29th, 2013, 6:19 am

Hi Rebecca, I have read most of her books so I may be able to help you (if you still need it) These are all non fiction books just encase you didn't know...
Her First book is "A Thousand Days in Venice" the story of her meeting her husband and moving to Venice
Her Second book is "A Thousand Days in Tuscany" also known as "Dolce e Salata" the story of her and her husband living in Tuscany
Her Third book is "An Umbrian Love Story" also known as "The Lady in the Palazzo" about her and her Husband living in Umbria
Her Fourth book is "That Summer in Sicily" which is in fact the retelling of another woman's life story (her name is Tosca) whom they met in Sicily
Her Fifth book is "Antonia and her Daughters" this is the one I have not yet read but as you can see it is not really part of a trillogy, It seems to be a continuation of her life in Italy

I hope that helps in some way... I thoroughly enjoyed all of her books

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue July 30th, 2013, 5:11 am

Hi Koakat :)

I have already bought 'A Thousand Days in Venice' and haven't read it yet :p . I have a tendency to buy books which then go on my ever growing TBR list, but I'll be reading it soon as I don't intend to order any more books till I have read a few from the 60 odd TBR bookshelf....Yes, I counted them and was shocked :eek: at the rather large number on that particular shelf...but I'll be buying the rest, once I start on the first.

Thanks for your help :)

Return to “Ask Your Fellow Readers”