Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Books!

J.D. Oswald
Reader

Post by J.D. Oswald » Tue May 15th, 2012, 11:36 am

Hello Bec
I would hope it would be worth a bit more now than I paid for it! I agree with you about Jeremy Brett - my favourite Sherlock - and the RDJ/Jude Law films are great fun. I especially enjoyed the second one. Have you seen the recent BBC series 'Sherlock'? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t4pgh They've updated the Sherlock Holmes stories to modern day - Benedict Cumberbatch is a great Holmes.
J.D.

The Czar
Reader

Post by The Czar » Tue May 15th, 2012, 8:39 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Lol. A few years ago I was in Vancouver BC and was doing the Robson Street thing, Robson Street being Canada's equivalent of Rodeo Drive. All those shoe, dress, chocolate and fur (!!!) shops and where did I spend all my time and money? The three story Chapters book store. I was in heaven.[/quote]

I hear you. My wife and I are wanting to relocate out of the southern united states, and I am leaning towards Portland, Oregeon, just because they have the nation's largest independent bookstore. FIVE locations! I'd never have to go into a stupid barnes & noble again!
Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times. This arises from the fact that they are produced by men who ever have been, and ever shall be, animated by the same passions, and thus they necessarily have the same results.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed May 16th, 2012, 3:02 am

[quote=""J.D. Oswald""]Hello Bec
I would hope it would be worth a bit more now than I paid for it! I agree with you about Jeremy Brett - my favourite Sherlock - and the RDJ/Jude Law films are great fun. I especially enjoyed the second one. Have you seen the recent BBC series 'Sherlock'? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t4pgh They've updated the Sherlock Holmes stories to modern day - Benedict Cumberbatch is a great Holmes.
J.D.[/quote]

I think I will hire the latest SH this weekend to watch, they are fun movies and great entertainment. I have never watched the recent 'Sherlock' but perhaps I will try and see if Season 1 can be rented and see what I think then....My father loved the books and bought the entire collection as well as the Brett Box set of SH. I have kept them, although I haven't read the books yet.

Bec :)

Return to “Things We Collect”