Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

princess's Reading Log 2010

What have you read in 2010? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
princess
Reader

princess's Reading Log 2010

Post by princess » Thu January 21st, 2010, 11:22 pm

"The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Thu January 21st, 2010, 11:24 pm

I'm currently reading (and hoping to finish soon!!) "World Without End" by Ken Follett.
Last edited by princess on Tue February 16th, 2010, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Called the book "Pillars of the Earth" by mistake!

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Tue February 16th, 2010, 2:58 pm

Still reading "World Without End"...........about 3/4 of the way through it, but I'm determined to finish it this week!!! I'm so tempted to start another book (got a large pile of them to choose from!!!), but I know if I do, I will NEVER go back to reading WWE and I hate not finishing books!!!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue February 16th, 2010, 7:03 pm

So it's more like "Book Without End"? ;)
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Wed February 17th, 2010, 3:44 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]So it's more like "Book Without End"? ;) [/quote]

YES lol!!!! Think I'm gonna give up the ghost and get stuck into something that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out - I mean would a nun (a Prioress at that) really have been able to roam about here, there and blooming everywhere unaccompanied with her acknowledged ex-lover and enjoy cosy nights together??? :eek:

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Wed February 17th, 2010, 3:47 pm

I've given up on "World Without End" for the time being, and have just started "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier.

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Wed February 24th, 2010, 10:52 pm

So I've finished reading "Remarkable Creatures". After a very slow start, it turned into one of those books I just didn't want to put down!!! It didn't have a particularly fast-paced plot (I don't think this author's books ever do) but her portrayal of the characters and their relationships were wonderful. The title of the book was very apt as well - described the two leading characters as well as the fossils/specimens they discover.

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Wed February 24th, 2010, 10:53 pm

I've just started reading "The Poisonwood Bible" and so far am finding it impossible to put down - hope it continues!!!

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Sat March 13th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Finished "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver today. What a beautiful and well-written book - I really didn't want it to end.

princess
Reader

Post by princess » Sat March 13th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Tonight I'm going to start "Half of a Yellow Sun" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I'm sensing a bit of a theme - "The Poisonwood Bible" has inspired me to read some more books based in Africa. Hope this one is as good!!!

Edit: Have put this to one side at the moment as I couldn't wait to start on the "The Witch's Trinity" and, having finished that, I'm now going to read "The Owl Killers" - but I will go back to it!!!
Last edited by princess on Mon March 22nd, 2010, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2010”