Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What are you reading?

Retired Threads
Maggie
Reader

Post by Maggie » Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:04 am

Just finished 'Marley and me by John Grogan' Fantastic book.

Now reading: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:10 am

Hang a Thousand Trees with Ribbons by Ann Rinaldi. I don't think it'll take me long to read as it's really easy.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Tue October 7th, 2008, 2:15 pm

[quote=""Toelistangan""]Anthony and Cleopatra by Colleen McCullough

ali[/quote]

I loved The October Horse by McCullough, long and detailed but worth every page, and it was one of the first books my husband bought foe me while dating.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue October 7th, 2008, 5:56 pm

Devil's Brood by Sharon Kay Penman, who will be doing a short interview on my History Buff blog soon! Unfortunately, she was forced to cancel her upcoming book tour due to a hospital stay, so any warm wishes sent through her site would be much appreciated, I'm sure. It must be very difficult to cancel a tour that's been in the works for months.
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:29 pm

I'm really enjoying Margaret's Laurence's "Hearts and Bones"....She has excellent sense of the times....spinning a mystery tale that takes place in a small village in 1786 Maine...Hannah, a Midwife and mother is such a interesting character and the author has supported her with a diverse group of villagers .....
Last edited by chuck on Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word omission

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:42 pm

[quote=""michellemoran""]Devil's Brood by Sharon Kay Penman, who will be doing a short interview on my History Buff blog soon! Unfortunately, she was forced to cancel her upcoming book tour due to a hospital stay, so any warm wishes sent through her site would be much appreciated, I'm sure. It must be very difficult to cancel a tour that's been in the works for months.[/quote]

Sharon seems to suffer so badly with her health. It's such a shame.

Now I am reading The Birth House by Ami McKay.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:47 pm

How sad, Diamondlil. Has she been forced to cancel tours before?
Visit MichelleMoran.com

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue October 7th, 2008, 7:52 pm

I know that her writing has been affected by her illnesses. No idea about tours etc.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue October 7th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Geez, I had no idea...

:(
Visit MichelleMoran.com

JMJacobsen
Reader

Post by JMJacobsen » Tue October 7th, 2008, 8:36 pm

[quote=""michellemoran""]Devil's Brood by Sharon Kay Penman, who will be doing a short interview on my History Buff blog soon! Unfortunately, she was forced to cancel her upcoming book tour due to a hospital stay, so any warm wishes sent through her site would be much appreciated, I'm sure. It must be very difficult to cancel a tour that's been in the works for months.[/quote]

Devil's Brood just arrived on my doorstep. Such a shame about her health, it's been such an uphill battle for her. She has such a loyal following that I'm hoping her sales won't suffer by the tour cancellation. Speaking for myself, I'd read and recommend any of her books --- tour or not.

Return to “Archives”