Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adventures in Time Travel: Undercover at the Court of Henry II

Your place to share your writing with the board!
Forum rules
This is for your original work only and is open only to members who have been actively participating in the forum. By posting in this section, you are representing that you own the rights to the material posted. You remain solely responsible for the content of the material you post here, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Historical Fiction Online, its owners and moderators, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon the material you post here.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove material that they consider plagiaristic, in violation of copyright laws, defamatory, or offensive.
Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Postby Miss Moppet » Thu June 10th, 2010, 6:25 am

"Catherine Delors" wrote:Yes, Eleanor already showed up, but I was hoping to see more of the younger, bed-hopping Eleanor from The Captive Queen. :D

I hadn't any plans to feature the younger Eleanor, but here's a thought...maybe Alison Weir is really a pseudonym for Melusina Granger aka Elizabeth Woodville! Could explain a lot.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Thu June 10th, 2010, 12:41 pm

"Miss Moppet" wrote:I hadn't any plans to feature the younger Eleanor, but here's a thought...maybe Alison Weir is really a pseudonym for Melusina Granger aka Elizabeth Woodville! Could explain a lot.

Do it. Do it. Do it. :D
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Postby Catherine Delors » Fri June 11th, 2010, 7:13 am

"Misfit" wrote:Do it. Do it. Do it. :D

Yes, but don't forget Austen either (see the other thread here). Now the younger Eleanor could be the inspiration for Lady Susan...

The more I think of this story, the more I see best-seller potential. In a year or two, the mashups will be ludicrously passé. This is the future.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Postby Miss Moppet » Fri June 11th, 2010, 9:22 am

"Catherine Delors" wrote:Yes, but don't forget Austen either (see the other thread here). Now the younger Eleanor could be the inspiration for Lady Susan...

The more I think of this story, the more I see best-seller potential. In a year or two, the mashups will be ludicrously passé. This is the future.

I wish! But I think you have to know too much about the background before it's funny. God I hope you're right about the mashups though.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Fri June 11th, 2010, 1:58 pm

God I hope you're right about the mashups though.

Please, let them go away. Someone at Goodreads started a list of them, The Monster Mash.
At home with a good book and the cat...

...is the only place I want to be

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Fri June 11th, 2010, 2:58 pm

What a concept, Catherine! Now that you mention it there are some definite similarities there. Though I think Eleanor had more class and basic human decency than Lady Susan did. Also don't credit Lady S with having anywhere near the intelligence that Eleanor did.

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Postby Catherine Delors » Sat June 12th, 2010, 10:22 am

"LoveHistory" wrote:What a concept, Catherine! Now that you mention it there are some definite similarities there. Though I think Eleanor had more class and basic human decency than Lady Susan did. Also don't credit Lady S with having anywhere near the intelligence that Eleanor did.

What prompted this comment about Lady Susan wasn't the historical Eleanor but the character in The Captive Queen. ;) I haven't read TCQ, mind you, but I got a kick out of Miss Moppet's review.

I believe that Jane's novels and juvenilia are full of -oblique and ironical- references to historical characters.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

July Hiatus

Postby Miss Moppet » Sun June 20th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Just to warn everyone that there won't be another Lady Moppet episode for a while. I'm planning the grand finale to her current adventure, plus more adventures to come, but I'm going to be leading summer schools for the next six weeks, teaching during the day and preparing classes in the evening, so the blog is going on hiatus until early August.

Thank you all so very much for your interest and your wonderful comments. Lady Moppet will return in August and when she does I'll post here to let everyone know. In the meantime, you can find links to all the previous episodes here:

http://misadventuresofmoppet.wordpress.com/adventures-in-time-travel/

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Sun June 20th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Miss Moppet, I haven't had time to post that I enjoyed the most recent episode. I know you are busy at this time of year, and hope it all goes well. I really look forward to more episodes when you're back from your busy season!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Postby Miss Moppet » Fri August 13th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Another post from Lady Moppet:

http://misadventuresofmoppet.wordpress.com/2010/08/13/lady-moppets-post-9-theres-something-about-moppet/

And this concludes her latest adventure, I'm afraid, but she will return!

Return to “Member Writings”