Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adventures in Time Travel: Undercover at the Court of Henry II

Your place to share your writing with the board!
Forum rules
This is for your original work only and is open only to members who have been actively participating in the forum. By posting in this section, you are representing that you own the rights to the material posted. You remain solely responsible for the content of the material you post here, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Historical Fiction Online, its owners and moderators, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon the material you post here.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove material that they consider plagiaristic, in violation of copyright laws, defamatory, or offensive.
Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun August 22nd, 2010, 10:38 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Would Lady Moppet consider doing a solo interview?[/quote]

Yes, she'd be delighted! It would take her mind off the impending birth.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon August 23rd, 2010, 2:37 am

As with any celebrity, I have to ask if there are any groundrules. Things Lady Moppet would prefer not to discuss?

And are fan questions allowed?

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Mon August 23rd, 2010, 3:20 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]As with any celebrity, I have to ask if there are any groundrules. Things Lady Moppet would prefer not to discuss?

And are fan questions allowed?[/quote]

Lady Moppet is happy to answer any questions, fan questions included. She will say in advance though that she has never worked in a brothel, as depicted in The Wicked Mistress. She gets that a lot.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon August 23rd, 2010, 12:35 pm

All right. I'll put a request for fan questions in the Historical Interviews thread.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon September 6th, 2010, 11:59 pm

The following is a copy a letter recently written in the 13th century.

To Lord and Master Oscar FitzRoy:

Dearest Oscar,

Word has reached me that you have acquired two new brothers, and also that you wish to kill them dead. While I do understand your feelings, I hope you will be guided by your Granny and reconsider the matter.

You see, my dear grandson, brothers can be invaluable to a future ruler such as yourself. Brothers can raise armies to assist you in defending your claims against those of your mutual half-siblings. They can also be forced into political marriages from which you may benefit. It may be helpful to position one of them in the church for purposes of influence.

Naturally it will be some years before such things can come to pass, but until then you will enjoy the hero-worship that comes from being the eldest son in your little family. The twins will look up to you as second only to God, Granny Aquitaine, Mother, and Father in knowledge and authority.

You need never fear the loss of your place in your mother's heart. As her firstborn you occupy a spot no one can ever take from you. You may be sure of this. Always remember that your mother left her own home to ensure your happiness and future. Such a mother could never leave you at any disadvantage.

Do be a good boy and practice your swordplay, but mind you do not draw blood from any of the nobles. I shall visit soon and will bring a present for you.

Queen of England, France, and the Universe in perpetuity,
Eleanor "Granny" Aqutaine.

P.S. If you decide you absolutely must kill one of your brothers, at least wait until they are old enough that you can be certain which twin will be of the least use to you. Love and kisses, Granny Aquitaine
Last edited by LoveHistory on Tue September 7th, 2010, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Tue September 7th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Lady Moppet read the letter to Oscar and reports a change in his behaviour. He is no longer crying and throwing his toys around. He is very quiet and thoughtful. He keeps running to look at the twins, then running away again.

Lady Moppet is hoping this will be a turning point for him.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Thu September 16th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Lady Moppet has chosen names for the twins! She has posted about it here.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri September 17th, 2010, 12:41 am

Dutifully read and commented upon. It was interesting to see some of the suggestions, and also the fact that no one voted for the name Richard.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri September 17th, 2010, 1:07 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Dutifully read and commented upon. It was interesting to see some of the suggestions, and also the fact that no one voted for the name Richard.[/quote]

I don't think Lady Moppet would have gone for Richard in any case. John has a bastard son Richard already, and will have another by Queen Isabella, so a third would be confusing. For the same reason she decided against William, although she likes the name and it got a lot of votes.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun October 24th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Oh dear. Lady Moppet has posted again, and this time Melusina Granger has coerced her into excerpting a sex scene from The Wicked Mistress. You have been warned.

Return to “Member Writings”