Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adventures in Time Travel: Undercover at the Court of Henry II

Your place to share your writing with the board!
Forum rules
This is for your original work only and is open only to members who have been actively participating in the forum. By posting in this section, you are representing that you own the rights to the material posted. You remain solely responsible for the content of the material you post here, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Historical Fiction Online, its owners and moderators, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon the material you post here.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove material that they consider plagiaristic, in violation of copyright laws, defamatory, or offensive.
LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri August 13th, 2010, 7:45 pm

I'm just thankful to have another chapter to read. Do please let us know when she returns!

Brilliantly done! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. And really...let us know as soon as Moppet is back!
Last edited by LoveHistory on Fri August 13th, 2010, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri August 13th, 2010, 7:53 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I'm just thankful to have another chapter to read. Do please let us know when she returns![/quote]

I have written some of the next adventure already, but I don't want to start posting until I've worked out more of the plot.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat August 14th, 2010, 11:09 pm

I don't mean to rush you. I just love reading about Moppet and John.

By the way...is there any chance of a poll letting your adoring readers help to choose names for the twins? All the poll choices would be approved by KJ and Lady Moppet of course, we'd just help with the final selection.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun August 15th, 2010, 12:01 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]
By the way...is there any chance of a poll letting your adoring readers help to choose names for the twins? All the poll choices would be approved by KJ and Lady Moppet of course, we'd just help with the final selection.[/quote]

I think that's a great idea! :) I'll post here again when it's up.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Poll - Baby Names for King John and Lady Moppet

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun August 15th, 2010, 12:40 am

Okay, it's up! I've added another poll for a daughter's name. The polls in the sidebar on the home page, scroll down a little bit and you will see them.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun August 15th, 2010, 1:29 pm

*Jumping up and down*

Thank you. :D I shall vote straight away!

ejays17
Reader

Post by ejays17 » Mon August 16th, 2010, 9:54 am

Hurrah!! the newest chapter's there - i have to tell my hubby, he's gotten completely sucked into the whole world, and has been bothering me about when the next episode is due :D

Also have to vote on the names as well, loads of fun.

Can't wait for the next adventure to start.
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority." The Doctor, Wheel in Space

SLOC: Solid Lump of Comfort (from the Chalet School books by Elinor M Brent-Dyer)

robinbird79
Avid Reader

Post by robinbird79 » Mon August 16th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Yay!! More Moppet!!
Currently Reading: Crown in Candlelight, R. H. Jarmen

http://almostcrazymommy.blogspot.com

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Mon August 16th, 2010, 8:26 pm

[quote=""ejays17""]Hurrah!! the newest chapter's there - i have to tell my hubby, he's gotten completely sucked into the whole world, and has been bothering me about when the next episode is due :D [/quote]

I'm delighted you are both enjoying it so much. :) :) :)
ejays17 wrote:Also have to vote on the names as well, loads of fun.
Lady Moppet and KJ are loving reading the suggestions people have for the names. Other than the ones in the poll, boys' names suggested include:

Luke
Sebastian (KJ likes this one)
Simon

and Kristen has been suggested for a girl, which reminds me of another medieval heroine, Kristin Lavransdatter!

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Mon August 16th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Loved the new chapter Miss Moppet, and I have been and voted. Although I voted Dangereuse for a daughter, I was tempted to write 'Kitty' in the Other box!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Return to “Member Writings”