Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adventures in Time Travel: Undercover at the Court of Henry II

Your place to share your writing with the board!
Forum rules
This is for your original work only and is open only to members who have been actively participating in the forum. By posting in this section, you are representing that you own the rights to the material posted. You remain solely responsible for the content of the material you post here, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Historical Fiction Online, its owners and moderators, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon the material you post here.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove material that they consider plagiaristic, in violation of copyright laws, defamatory, or offensive.
Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Tue August 17th, 2010, 5:35 am

I can't help it, for me the name Dangereuse evokes the 12th century equivalent of a female rapper. Whatever that would have looked like! :eek:

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue August 17th, 2010, 1:34 pm

A good alternative to Adele (my favorite) is Adela. William the Conqueror had a daughter (or was it a granddaughter) named Adela.

Just out of curiousity...does your website have IP address identification, or can we vote every day for our favorites? ;)

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Tue August 17th, 2010, 8:02 pm

[quote=""EC2""]Loved the new chapter Miss Moppet, and I have been and voted. Although I voted Dangereuse for a daughter, I was tempted to write 'Kitty' in the Other box![/quote]

I think Kitty Fitzroy sounds very nice. I've put it in Other myself.

I really like Felix too, that is one of my favourite boys' names.
Michy wrote:I can't help it, for me the name Dangereuse evokes the 12th century equivalent of a female rapper. Whatever that would have looked like!
Lady Moppet likes Dangereuse but is mindful that some of her children might want to live in the 21st century instead of the 13th when they are adults, in which case Dangereuse may not be an ideal name, unless, indeed, she plans a career in the music business! It would look great on an album cover.
LoveHistory wrote:Just out of curiousity...does your website have IP address identification, or can we vote every day for our favorites?
I've set these two polls so you can vote as often as you like. I will add in people's suggestions as options, otherwise only I will be able to see them. Going to do it now.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue August 17th, 2010, 8:19 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]I think Kitty Fitzroy sounds very nice. I've put it in Other myself.

I really like Felix too, that is one of my favourite boys' names.

[/quote]

When I went to vote I had your avatar in mind, so was trying to think of feline names. Pussy was out for obvious reasons!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Tue August 17th, 2010, 9:37 pm

[quote=""EC2""]When I went to vote I had your avatar in mind, so was trying to think of feline names. Pussy was out for obvious reasons![/quote]

Oh! I dunno! KJ might like it! :rolleyes:

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Tue August 17th, 2010, 9:52 pm

[quote=""Ken""]Oh! I dunno! KJ might like it! :rolleyes: [/quote]

Not for his DAUGHTER though Ken! Shame on you! :rolleyes:

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun August 22nd, 2010, 4:42 pm

How long will the polls be up? And when are the twins due?

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Sun August 22nd, 2010, 5:01 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]Not for his DAUGHTER though Ken! Shame on you! :rolleyes: [/quote]

OOps! :o But, hey! My initials are KJ too! I could have meant me. Or, on the other hand, maybe not!

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun August 22nd, 2010, 9:12 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]How long will the polls be up? And when are the twins due?[/quote]

The polls will be up till the end of August. Lady Moppet is due to give birth in September, which makes it seem like she and KJ only have sex at Christmas (when, you'll recall, Oscar was conceived) but KJ assures me that he and Lady Moppet "frolic several times a week, if not a night."

No-one has voted for Richard as yet. Lady Moppet would be unlikely to pick it anyway as John already has a Richard Fitzroy and will have another Richard with Queen Isabella. She has bought a baby name book. John by contrast has lost interest in the debate and will only make facetious suggestions, like Flopsy, or Cottontail.

The new adventure is not ready yet, but Lady Moppet has been writing a post about how Oscar and John adjusted to her pregnancy.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun August 22nd, 2010, 9:32 pm

Would Lady Moppet consider doing a solo interview?

Return to “Member Writings”