Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester in March?

Been to someplace of historical interest? Planning a trip? Have a question? Post here!
traveldog
Scribbler

Leicester in March?

Post by traveldog » Mon January 5th, 2015, 10:22 pm

I think I'm going to be able to do this: go to Leicester this March to witness/attend the events surrounding the re-interment of Richard III. It will be a MOST special retirement gift to myself!!

In addition to all-things-RIII, which I'm sure I won't have any trouble learning about and finding, are there sites relating to other people and other times that I should see while I'm in that area? I'll be staying right in Leicester so am looking for things there or within a day-trip radius from there, via public transport if that is possible.

After everything is concluded, I'm off to York and Middleham for a bit, but I know a great deal more about that area and already have a long list of places I want to see.

Thanks very much for any suggestions.
Elizabeth

Return to “Travel”