Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

London

Been to someplace of historical interest? Planning a trip? Have a question? Post here!
emr
Compulsive Reader

London

Post by emr » Wed April 24th, 2013, 8:37 am

Hi
I'll be having a long weekend next week and I booked to go to London.

Somebody please pretty please with chocolate cherries on top knows where I could get a couple tickets for 2nd May afternoon or 4th May or 5th May in the morning for the exhibition "Life and death in Pompeii and Herculaneum"?
Any ideas?

The British Museum is got tickets only from July on and a couple sellers I've found online ask way too much. I don't mind paying extra but some prices are ridiculous.

Help please?
"So many books, so little time."
— Frank Zappa

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Wed April 24th, 2013, 9:14 am

It looks like it's sold out on 3/4 May but only a couple left for the 5th. Here's a link:

http://www.lovetheatre.com/tickets/3065 ... erculaneum
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed April 24th, 2013, 9:22 am

It's also a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, so it'll probably be extra busy! Enjoy yourself, what else have you got planned?
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

emr
Compulsive Reader

Post by emr » Wed April 24th, 2013, 12:11 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]It looks like it's sold out on 3/4 May but only a couple left for the 5th. Here's a link:

http://www.lovetheatre.com/tickets/3065 ... erculaneum[/quote]

Nice thank you very much :) :) :) I picked them. Now to figure out if they are going to try to send them to me which wouldnt be very practical since we leave next wednesday uh. ** scratches head.
Funny. After buying them it still says there are 2 tickets left **double uh
— Frank Zappa

emr
Compulsive Reader

Post by emr » Wed April 24th, 2013, 12:26 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]It's also a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, so it'll probably be extra busy! Enjoy yourself, what else have you got planned?[/quote]

This was a last hour idea so we are improvising on the way lol
Tried to book a "Jack the Ripper" walk but I'm still waiting for the answer rotflol It's too late for almost everything. Not that it's a big loss, it was for fun.
My nephew wants so go somewhere else too (he says he already knows London I doubt it sooo much :D ) so we are visiting Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath on Friday. And yah well, the usual places for turists.
It's a holiday weekend in Madrid and in fact the only one this year with more than 2 days so yup it'll be busy :D
You guys don't mind talking Spanish for a few days, driving by the right side of the road, using euros as currency and hmmmm changing you shockets? lol **joking ;)
— Frank Zappa

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed April 24th, 2013, 12:37 pm

No we don't want the Euro! And some people drive on the right hand side of the road anyway....

Sounds like a packed trip, Bath is gorgeous, you could easily have a whole weekend there. Have fun!
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

emr
Compulsive Reader

Post by emr » Wed April 24th, 2013, 3:23 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]No we don't want the Euro! And some people drive on the right hand side of the road anyway....[/quote]
lol

[quote=""Madeleine""]Sounds like a packed trip, Bath is gorgeous, you could easily have a whole weekend there. Have fun![/quote]
Thanks! I'll try ;)
— Frank Zappa

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Wed April 24th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Enjoy your trip here. We'll try and keep the weather at least reasonable for you. It's been lovely the past two days, but I don't think it will last unfortunately.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu April 25th, 2013, 10:17 am

Hope you enjoy your visit, Emr. Hampton Court is a lovely place to look around especially if it's a nice day.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Antoine Vanner
Reader

Post by Antoine Vanner » Wed May 1st, 2013, 5:45 pm

Take a look at Sir John Soane's house in Lincoln's Inn Fields so you can step right back into the Georgian period. One of London's least appreciated treasures!

Return to “Travel”