Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My History Tours

Been to someplace of historical interest? Planning a trip? Have a question? Post here!
Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sat June 15th, 2013, 11:30 am

Great photos Gabriele - I was in Berwick-on-Tweed a few weeks ago and went to Lindisfarne Priory and Castle. Sadly it rained! I've been to Whitby on a previous visit, well worth the trip too.
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

Gabriele Campbell
Reader

Post by Gabriele Campbell » Sat June 15th, 2013, 1:35 pm

I got Lindisfarne in sunshine, but there was a nasty fog at Whitby. :(

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat June 15th, 2013, 1:52 pm

I've been lurking on your blog looking at them all. That one old Abbey-WOW!
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Gabriele Campbell
Reader

Post by Gabriele Campbell » Thu May 29th, 2014, 6:21 pm

It's my 9th bloggiversary this month. :)

The latest tour led me to some German towns: Bamberg, Nuremberg and Regensburg, all with pretty old houses and beautiful churches. Regensburg also has Roman remains. There've been a few castles, too: Nuremberg Castle, Castle Donaustauf, Coburg Fortress.

Plus the Roman museum and cavalry fort at Aalen, the museum and baths at Weissenburg (Biriciana).

Gabriele Campbell
Reader

Re: My History Tours

Post by Gabriele Campbell » Sat December 12th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Some more tours in autumn 2014 (Halberstadt, Wernigerode, Stolberg, Paderborn, plus some castles) and in 2015 (Hansa towns Lübeck, Wismar and Stralsund, the museum in Schleswig and the open air museum Haithabu, Ratzeburg Cathedral, Slavic open air museum Gross-Raden and more fun).

Return to “Travel”