Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Storm Clouds Rolling In - Ginny Dye

Want to read a certain historical novel with other members and discuss it as you go along? Start a thread here!
SandyJ

Storm Clouds Rolling In - Ginny Dye

Post by SandyJ » Sun June 10th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Hi,

I just finished reading this, and am already into Book # 2 of The Bregdan Chronicles (On to Richmond), but I would really love to share this experience with other readers so would go back and re-read # 1 (though I don't think it will fade from my mind for a long time!

The Bregdan Chronicles start in VA during the year before the Civil War. If you think this time period has been overdone, you haven't read Ginny Dye's books! I learned. Laughed. Cried. Was challenged to think through my beliefs. Fell in love with the characters.

I've communicated with Ginny. She's going to write 2 books a year (each book covering one year of history) until she can't write anymore. She figures she'll live another 40 years, so no one will have to say good-bye to the series for a long time! :)

Who wants to join me on this amazing journey by starting with Book # 1? Did I mention Storm Clouds Rolling In is FREE? You can get your copy at http://www.BregdanChronicles.com.

Return to “Book Buddies”