Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andrea's 2009 Reading Log

What have you read in 2009? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon August 17th, 2009, 2:40 am

I finished it, gave it 3 stars. If it had just been the stuff in the past I would've been happier with it, I should just skipped or skimmed Una's stuff.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Wed August 26th, 2009, 9:33 pm

I agree with you on that SM! I could have done without the whole Una thing.

I finished The Daughter of Time last week and really enjoyed it. It was a really quick, but good read (one day).

I just finished A Place Beyond Courage and loved it! EC's John Marshal was amazing. I couldn't help but like him - she really made him human and I loved her telling of the whole "anvil and hammer" line. I would recommend this to anyone.

I have now started on Shadows and Strongholds and am enjoying it as well.

Once I have finished out the 2 weeks of no book buying, I am ordering TGK & TSL and Hugh & Bess. Really looking forward to these and my library does not carry any of them.
Andrea

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu August 27th, 2009, 12:21 am

Another EC fan in the making?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Mon August 31st, 2009, 10:37 pm

Misfit - definite fan!

I just finished Shadows & Strongholds and loved it too! I still cannot get over how real EC's characters are. You can't help but love and or hate them and you have this amazing connection that when the book ends, it is disappointing to lose that connection!

I am now reading The Burning Times by Jeanne Kalogridis and am enjoying it so far. It is of a different caliber than ECs books, but it is an interesting read none the less.

After this, I am on to The Wild Hunt by EC and can hardly wait!
Andrea

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2009”