Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MissMarplestein's Log

What have you read in 2009? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
MissMarplestein
Reader

MissMarplestein's Log

Postby MissMarplestein » Fri February 6th, 2009, 1:08 am

The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet - Colleen McCullough - I was disappointed with this novel. I didn't like how she portrayed Mr. Darcy, or some of the other characters. I guess what it comes down to is that Jane Austen is a pretty hard act to follow.

Time and Chance - Sharon K. Penman - the second novel in her Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine series...awesome read - couldn't put the book down.

The Devil's Brood - Sharon K. Penman - third and final installment of the Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine series. Again, could not put the book down.

Penmarric - Susan Howatch - After a slow start, the book really pulled me into the characters and I couldn't wait to see what happened...
Last edited by MissMarplestein on Wed February 18th, 2009, 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated list

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2009”