Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

SonjaMarie's Books Read In 2009

What have you read in 2009? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon August 31st, 2009, 11:36 pm

August 2009 13
"City of Laughter: Sex and Satire in Eighteenth-Century London" by Vic Gatrell (8/2)*
"Who Cooked the Last Supper?: The Women's History of the World" by Rosalind Miles (8/5)
"Coronation: From the 8th to the 21st Century" by Roy Strong (8/5)*
"Suspense and Sensibility (Or, First Impressions Revisited): A Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery #2" by Carrie Bebris (8/9)
"James Dean Died Here: The Locations of America's Pop Culture Landmarks" by Chris Epting (8/10)
"A Secret Alchemy" by Emma Darwin (8/13)
"American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit, Stanford White, Birth of the It Girl & the Crime of the Century" by Paula Uruburu (8/15)
"Cleopatra's Daughter" by Michelle Moran (8/19)
"Jack the Ripper: His Life and Crimes in Popular Entertainment" by Gary Coville and Patrick Lucanio (8/23)*
"Highgate Cemetary: Victorian Valhalla" by Felix Barker (text), and John Gay (photos) (8/28)
"The Dakota Cipher: Ethan Gage Book #3" by William Dietrich (8/28)*
"Necropolis: London and Its Dead" by Catharine Arnold (8/30)*
"Versailles: A Biography of A Palace" by Tony Spawforth (8/31)*

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed September 30th, 2009, 5:46 pm

This was a slow month for me due to 3 books that took longer to read then I expected:
September 2009 9
"The Q Guide to The Golden Girls" by Jim Colucci (9/2)
"Questionable Remains: Lindsay Chamberlain Mystery #2" by Beverly Connor (9/5)
"Ghost Hunter's Guide to Seattle and Puget Sound" by Jeff Dwyer (9/6)
"Life In These United States" by Reader's Digest (9/13)*
"The Dead Guy Interviews: Conversations With 45 of the Most Accomplished, Notorious, and Deceased Personalities In History" by Michael A. Stusser (9/13)
"The Lost King of France: How DNA Solved the Mystery of the Murdered Son of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette" by Deborah Cadbury (9/15)
"London Cemeteries: An Illustrated Guide & Gazetteer" by Hugh Meller & Brian Parsons (9/21)*
"The Victorian Celebration of Death" by James Stevens Curl (9/22)*
"Pompeii: The History, Life and Art of the Buried City" ed. by Marisa Ranieri Panetta (many authors) (9/24)*

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun November 1st, 2009, 6:07 am

I thought I'd have more read this month but decided not to read so fast since most of the books I have at home are my own and only reading one from BF at the moment:
(* means I owned the book when I read it):

October 2009 10
"Bloody Business: An Anecdotal History of Scotland Yard" by H. Paul Jeffers (10/6)*
"Cupid and the King: Five Royal Paramours" by HRH Princess Michael of Kent (10/6)
"Mae West: 'It Ain't No Sin'" by Simon Louvish (10/10)
"Ungrateful Daughters: The Stuart Princesses Who Stole Their Father's Crown" by Maureen Waller (10/10)
"Dixie Spirits: True Tales of the Strange and Supernatural in the South" by Christopher Coleman (10/13)
"Dressed to Die: Lindsay Chamberlain Mystery #3" by Beverly Connor (10/14)
"The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown (10/15)*
"Murder Guide To London" by Martin Fido (10/18)*
"London: City of the Dead" by David Brandon & Alan Brooke (10/20)*
"The Fabrication of Louis XIV" by Peter Burke (10/21)*

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue December 1st, 2009, 12:18 am

(* means I owned the book when I read it):

November 2009 11
"Conan Doyle, Detective: The True Crimes Investigated by the Creator of Sherlock Holmes" by Peter Costello (11/4)
"Pompeii Awakened: A Story of Rediscovery" by Judith Harris (11/4)*
"Casanova: Actor Lover Priest Spy" by Ian Kelly (11/7)*
"Adventures in Time Travel: Undercover at the Court of Henry II" (short story) by Miss Moppet (11/9)
"Adventures in Time Travel: Deeper Undercover" (short story) by Miss Moppet (11/9)
"Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson" by Lyndsay Faye (11/11)*
"Underground London: Travels Beneath the City Streets" by Stephen Smith (11/18)
"Old Ghosts of New England: A Traveler's Guide to the Spookiest Sites in the Northeast" by C.J Fusco (11/18)
"Jane Boleyn: The True Story of the Infamous Lady Rochford" by Julia Fox (11/22)
"North by Northanger (Or, the Shades of Pemberley): A Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery #3" by Carrie Bebris (11/22)
"Lady Jane Grey: A Tudor Mystery" by Eric Ives (11/26)*

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Wed December 9th, 2009, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed December 30th, 2009, 7:26 pm

It's highly unlikely that I'll finish another book by tomorrow so here is the list of my books read in Dec:

December 2009 11
"It's Good To Be King: The Seriously Funny Life of Mel Brooks" by James Robert Parish (12/3)
"The Pope's Daughter: The Extraordinary Life of Felice della Rovere" by Caroline P. Murphy (12/5)
"Kindred in Death" by J.D Robb (12/8)*
"The Lady Queen: The Notorious Reign of Joanna I, Queen of Naples, Jerusalem, and Sicily" by Nancy Goldstone (12/11)
"Walking Haunted London: 25 Original Walks Exploring London's Ghostly Past" by Richard Jones (12/13)
"Dial H For Hitchcock: Cece Caruso Mystery #5" by Susan Kandel (12/17)
"The Hooded Hawke: Elizabeth I Mystery #9" by Karen Harper (12/19)
"Duchess: A Novel of Sarah Churchill" by Susan Holloway Scott (12/21)
"What A Way To Go: Some of the Strangest Deaths On Record" by Peter Bowler & Jonathan Green (12/21)*
"Royal Bastards: Illegtimate Children of the British Royal Family" by Peter Beauclerk-Dewar & Roger Powell (12/23)*
"Death In England: An Illustrated History" ed. Peter C. Jupp & Clare Gittings (12/30)*

(* means I owned it at the time of reading)

I've read 130 books this year, woot!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2009”