Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Deputy Dougal

Post your pet pictures here!
Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue September 17th, 2013, 2:30 pm

After some serious thinking and having fun writing Dougal's letters to his foster family, I decided to start a blog for him. I have no idea if this was a good idea as writing isn't really something I excel at but pretending to be a dog and seeing the world from his point of view is really cool! So I thought I would share-please provide feedback as you all are the experts in blogging and I would appreciate hearing everything and anything!!

The first post is the first letter he wrote to his foster family where he lived for 5 months and loved them dearly. I have about a week's worth of letters similar to this one that I will post periodically throughout the week until I am caught up in present day.

Happy reading!

http://deputydougal.blogspot.com/
Brenna

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue September 17th, 2013, 6:24 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]After some serious thinking and having fun writing Dougal's letters to his foster family, I decided to start a blog for him. I have no idea if this was a good idea as writing isn't really something I excel at but pretending to be a dog and seeing the world from his point of view is really cool! So I thought I would share-please provide feedback as you all are the experts in blogging and I would appreciate hearing everything and anything!!

The first post is the first letter he wrote to his foster family where he lived for 5 months and loved them dearly. I have about a week's worth of letters similar to this one that I will post periodically throughout the week until I am caught up in present day.

Happy reading!

http://deputydougal.blogspot.com/[/quote]

I just put you in my reader so I can follow their updates :)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue September 17th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Awww thanks Misfit! I realized after I posted and was taking the doggies for a walk that maybe I should have provided a little history on the Deputy before diving right in with his letters. Maybe before I post the next letter, I will remember to post an introduction.
Brenna

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue September 17th, 2013, 10:25 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]Awww thanks Misfit! I realized after I posted and was taking the doggies for a walk that maybe I should have provided a little history on the Deputy before diving right in with his letters. Maybe before I post the next letter, I will remember to post an introduction.[/quote]

I'll look for it. My Google account got messed up in between email changes and commenting has been a bear, but I'll be reading ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed September 18th, 2013, 9:41 am

[quote=""Brenna""]Awww thanks Misfit! I realized after I posted and was taking the doggies for a walk that maybe I should have provided a little history on the Deputy before diving right in with his letters. Maybe before I post the next letter, I will remember to post an introduction.[/quote]

I was wondering why he left his foster family as he says he loved them, but presumably you'll cover this in your intro.

Love his blog :D
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed September 18th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Foster families are usually only temporary homes for rescues before they find their "forever" home which is why Dougal is with us and not them. But you are right, it is explained in the newest blog :-) Happy reading!
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Wed September 18th, 2013, 11:21 pm

His profile shot is adorable. :)
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Thu September 19th, 2013, 8:30 am

ah yes, I did think 5 months was a long time but he's explained it now. Keep posting, Deputy!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Sat October 18th, 2014, 11:02 am

I've just been catching up with the little guys' blog - glad to see they're progressing well!

Return to “Pet Pix”