Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bandit

Post your pet pictures here!
MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Bandit

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed October 31st, 2012, 3:27 am

Sunday I got a new friend. He'll join my old friend, Joshua Tree, who is getting up there and needs a strapping young fellow to haul the heavy stuff.

He's got a great body, and he's really good-natured, too. Getting into the pickup was a bit of a stretch for him, but with Josh demonstrating, Bandit took it in stride. Though it did take him about an hour before he decided this strange moving contraption was safe to sit down in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Wed October 31st, 2012, 9:43 am

Bandit is gorgeous! Just love him. :D What lovely markings on his face, almost cat-like.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Wed October 31st, 2012, 10:56 pm

Vanessa, too true! Are there any eyes so beautiful and deep?
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu November 1st, 2012, 9:56 am

He looks like he's blowing a kiss, too!! LOL.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu November 1st, 2012, 12:25 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]He looks like he's blowing a kiss, too!! LOL.[/quote]

Yes he does look like he's doing that. Beautiful boy.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon November 5th, 2012, 11:51 pm

Very handsome!!
Brenna

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sat February 16th, 2013, 2:56 pm

MLE, he's really cute! How many llamas do you have?

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat February 16th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Helen, I have had over 200 llamas, and I remember every one. 95 born on our ranch. But right now, I have 2 and a half. That's because I co-own bandit with a friend. Now that we aren't taking people out into the wilderness on pack trips professionally, it takes two families to get our three-llama packstring--Pachacuti (mine), Cuzco (hers), and Bandit (ours) out even four times a year.
The others, both mine and my friend's, are all geriatric. I have old Josh, She has Cypress and Cinnamon.
Nothing is so soothing as a walk in the wild with a llama friend.

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sat February 16th, 2013, 4:24 pm

[quote=""MLE""]Helen, I have had over 200 llamas, and I remember every one. 95 born on our ranch. But right now, I have 2 and a half. That's because I co-own bandit with a friend. Now that we aren't taking people out into the wilderness on pack trips professionally, it takes two families to get our three-llama packstring--Pachacuti (mine), Cuzco (hers), and Bandit (ours) out even four times a year.
The others, both mine and my friend's, are all geriatric. I have old Josh, She has Cypress and Cinnamon.
Nothing is so soothing as a walk in the wild with a llama friend.[/quote]

Sounds nice, MLE. There are ranches in Wyoming but they raise horses and they are all private.

Return to “Pet Pix”