Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Penelellopelopelolopelope ...

Post your pet pictures here!
DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sat December 22nd, 2012, 5:58 pm

Merry Christmas from Gossamer and Penelope, everyone!

As an update on the progress of the pup - Penny has been here less than two and a half months, and what progress she has made. Just this week I finally caught up with her and realized she doesn't need two trips outside in the morning, rushing her out as fast as I can get her out when we get downstairs. She controls better than I realize! She is getting good at "sit" and "stay", but like many dogs I think is far better when we're alone (or when the cat's not distracting her) than when others are around. So the progress on not wigging the heck out for guests is still a working area. But she's so very smart, this girl.

I am grateful and very very fortunate in these fur-bearing kidlets. They're making for a very cozy holiday season. Aww.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sat February 9th, 2013, 1:48 am

Pen-Pen ran away yesterday, and has not returned. I have called the city and county animal control, posted posters, let my neighbors know. It is fearful, the possibility I might not see my wonderful good baby girl again.

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sat February 9th, 2013, 11:46 am

She's gorgeous, Diane. Think positive - I'm sure she will be home with you soon.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat February 9th, 2013, 2:02 pm

*fingers crossed*
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sat February 9th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Thank you so much.

I have the laptop up so I can look up numbers and call animal hospitals, and I just cannot bring myself to do it.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sun February 10th, 2013, 4:11 pm

Pen was found and is safe at the city shelter. Unfortunately, I can't pick her up until tomorrow (she must be terrified), but I know where she is. Bless Craigslist and Facebook, several people reached out to me about her.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Mon February 11th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Fantastic news, Diane!

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sat February 16th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Glad she's ok.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon February 18th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Thanks, y'all!

I met with the contractor again yesterday, finalized the configuration for a fence, and have set the date to begin! VERY excited, and I think Penelope will love it. Yay!

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Tue February 19th, 2013, 10:14 am

Sounds a great idea and will keep Penelope safe.

Return to “Pet Pix”