Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barney in trouble!!!

Post your pet pictures here!
rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Barney in trouble!!!

Post by rebecca » Mon April 23rd, 2012, 3:07 am

Lastnight I left $30 on the cupboard...When I got up this morning it was to find a scrap from the 10 note and a little corner of the 20 note. Yes! Barney ate MY money!!!!! :mad: :mad: He is SO in the dog house now!!!

I have nicknamed him Barney Trouble!!! Arghhhhh!!!

Bec :)

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon April 23rd, 2012, 3:22 am

[quote=""rebecca""]Lastnight I left $30 on the cupboard...When I got up this morning it was to find a scrap from the 10 note and a little corner of the 20 note. Yes! Barney ate MY money!!!!! :mad: :mad: He is SO in the dog house now!!!

I have nicknamed him Barney Trouble!!! Arghhhhh!!!

Bec :) [/quote]
OH goodness! I'm thankful Jasper doesn't do that kind of thing!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon April 23rd, 2012, 9:05 am

Oh that's funny. When I was a kid we had a beagle who used to pull money out of my dad's jeans when he left them on the bed. She never ate a whole note - not that we knew of anyway - but we were often taking tattered notes into the bank asking them to swap them for an intact note instead, it got very embarrassing!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon April 23rd, 2012, 2:45 pm

Oops! Padfoot loves to pull stuff out of my purse-I've lost a pair of sunglasses and a bluetooth thanks to his stealing and chewing habits. He would totally take money and rip it to shreads if he could. My sympathies!
Brenna

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Fri April 27th, 2012, 4:25 am

Sorry for the late response...I wasn't feeling well and no it wasn't the shock of losing my money :p but let's just say that was a very expensive breakfast :p :eek: He is sooo naughty! But adorable :D .

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Fri April 27th, 2012, 9:14 am

If it's any consolation, our old lab chewed up a very expensive pair of my mum's leather shoes, and also liked to nibble the furniture, so we had to get a French polisher in to repair it, as it was a mock-antique table. Expensive things, pets!

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sun April 29th, 2012, 3:10 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]If it's any consolation, our old lab chewed up a very expensive pair of my mum's leather shoes, and also liked to nibble the furniture, so we had to get a French polisher in to repair it, as it was a mock-antique table. Expensive things, pets![/quote]

I left my book on my chair for only a few minutes and when I came back I found Barney chewing it :eek: . It is a book on Queen Elizabeth II by sally bedell smith....I put it down to the fact that either Barney is a not so secret Republican or he's a fenian!!! :p :D :D But thank goodness I was able to save my book from total descruction! :D

:)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Sun April 29th, 2012, 11:48 am

Yep they like books, and the expensive ones too. Loads of our encyclopedias had pages torn out. Our lab also chewed up several of my old vinyl singles -remember those! She wasn't a fan of Spandau Ballet, that's for sure.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue May 1st, 2012, 1:53 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]Yep they like books, and the expensive ones too. Loads of our encyclopedias had pages torn out. Our lab also chewed up several of my old vinyl singles -remember those! She wasn't a fan of Spandau Ballet, that's for sure.[/quote]

Oh WOW yep I remember the vinyl records, I would save up my lunch money all week and on Friday buy my fave song of the moment, now everything is in disk form. Back in my day it was ABBA, Duran Duran, ELO and>>>>>*hides in my head in shame* :o :o Englebert Humperdink(SP?) :eek: .....So far this week Barney has been good, but I think from his mischevious eyes he is plotting something with his co-hort in crime Sheba! :p :D :D LOL

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue May 1st, 2012, 2:03 am

Duran Duran has been my favourite group since I was 11. My old albums got ruined when the basement at the old house flooded.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Pet Pix”