Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ru

Post your pet pictures here!
lauragill
Avid Reader

Ru

Post by lauragill » Thu April 19th, 2012, 2:20 pm

This handsome kitty is Ru. He started coming around last year. At first, we thought he was a she, because he was so shy he'd run whenever he saw us, and we couldn't get a good look to see what gender he was. So we started calling him Ru, as in RuPaul.

Finally, a can of gooshy food got him to warm up to us, and we found out what a love he is. When the weather turned cold, Ru invited himself in, and after a bit of hissing and adjusting, has made friends with Molly.

When we tried to collar him, he kept coming home without his collar. We finally attached a note to the third collar asking that it stay on, so that Animal Control wouldn't pick him up. Turns out he had people, and his name was Trouble. I still call him Ru.

He never goes home, but wants to be where we are. I finally went to his people to ask if they would let us have him. Turns out his people had a new baby and, though they say otherwise, didn't really want him. Well, we want him.

Ru likes his kibble crunchy and his water straight up from the toilet. If you try to go to that toilet, he will follow you to find out what you're doing in his watering hole. He also likes being outside with us and gardening.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu April 19th, 2012, 2:48 pm

Thanks for sharing. Been a long time since I've owned a kitty who drank from the toilet ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu April 19th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Gorgeous cats!

Yes, we have a cat who likes to drink from the loo. If it's been raining and is muddy outside, there are tell-tale paw prints on the seat! LOL. And one of our cats prefers to drink from the dogs' bowl than her own!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu April 19th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Too cute and funny! Thanks for the smile!
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Thu April 19th, 2012, 11:07 pm

I'd want Ru, too - so glad he found you guys!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri April 20th, 2012, 12:09 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]Gorgeous cats!

Yes, we have a cat who likes to drink from the loo. If it's been raining and is muddy outside, there are tell-tale paw prints on the seat! LOL. And one of our cats prefers to drink from the dogs' bowl than her own![/quote]

My little Misfit has been known to *drown* her toy mice in the toilet. Found three of them there one time :o :p

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Fri April 20th, 2012, 7:37 am

Yes, they do like to leave their 'gifts' in strange and noticeable places, don't they!? LOL.

Your cat obviously wanted to see if her toys could float, Misfit. :D

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri April 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]Yes, they do like to leave their 'gifts' in strange and noticeable places, don't they!? LOL.

Your cat obviously wanted to see if her toys could float, Misfit. :D [/quote]

Nah, she likes to drown her prey. :D

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Fri April 20th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Sadist!!!! ;) :D

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Fri April 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm

We don't have a cat now (dh developed allergies) but our last two cats were hunters of a generous nature. Whatever they caught, we got half. I remember a neighbor's cageful of white mice that she kept for her boa constrictor got loose, and we were presented with six half-mice, all neatly lined up on the doorstep. The back halves. Ugh.

Return to “Pet Pix”