Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Padfoot

Post your pet pictures here!
rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu December 29th, 2011, 1:58 am

He is gorgeous Brenna. I still want to adopt him :D .

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu December 29th, 2011, 9:52 am

Both adorable, hope they didn't get hurt playing with the rake! They pick some strange things as toys don't they.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu December 29th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Thanks everyone! He cracks me up and melts by heart everyday!

M-they didn't hurt themselves. My parents dog Half-Pint loves to play with the broom, rake, and hoe. He will drag them around all day and then sit on top of them and bark for hours if you let him. Padfoot was curious what all of the fuss was about so he tried playing with the rake too. He quickly lost interest though so I was lucky to get the shot!
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Fri December 30th, 2011, 10:07 am

Our old lab used to love playing with the broom, usually when we were trying to sweep the floor! But one of our "holiday" dogs is terrified of it, and runs out of the room when we bring it out.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed February 8th, 2012, 6:31 pm

I couldn't resist sharing my bed hog!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Thu February 9th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Very comfy! We're currently dog-sitting a cocker spaniel who is sprawled out on my mum's bed as I sit typing this.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Do dogs get depressed?

Post by Brenna » Wed May 30th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Hubby and I left on our first major vacation without Padfoot and came home expecting him to be blissfully happy we were home. However, we have had the opposite reaction. I know it's been terribly hot and humid, but Padfoot has been mopey and depressed since we arrived.

He was pretty sick about a month ago (his dogfood was one of the ones recalled because of salmonella) but had rebounded when we changed his food. Since we have been home, he's been picky with his food, not really interested in playing, and not cuddiling at all.

My question is: do dogs get depressed??
Brenna

erechwydd
Reader

Post by erechwydd » Wed May 30th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Poor Padfoot! Yes, it seems dogs can get 'depression', although it's often recommended to get a check-up at the vet in case there's any other issue causing the symptoms. Here are a couple of articles about it:

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Dog_Depression_Symptoms

and

http://dogs.about.com/cs/disableddogs/a/depression.htm

My dog used to show similar symptoms sometimes when something had badly upset him. (Like having to go to the vet...) I do hope Padfoot feels better soon!
Last edited by erechwydd on Wed May 30th, 2012, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed May 30th, 2012, 2:20 pm

I'd recommend a check in with the vet as well. I had a kitteh that was all mopey and I assumed it was because of the extreme heat we'd been having. Then I came home from work and he was pretty much just waiting for me to get home. Better to play it on the safe side.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed May 30th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Thanks for the info! When Padfoot was first sick, we ran a slew of tests, all of which came back fine. Then we found out about the food (apparently there is a more expensive test that we didn't run that would have detected the salmonella). He is supposed to go to doggy daycare tomorrow, so I'm hoping that will help him snap out of it. He stayed with my parents dog the entire week we were gone and I'm thinking he misses having a companion around. If he isn't any better after daycare, I might have to recheck with the vet. :(
Brenna

Return to “Pet Pix”