Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Padfoot

Post your pet pictures here!
rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue September 27th, 2011, 3:36 am

[quote=""Brenna""]I didn't stage this picture, I swear! I put down the book to leave the room; I came back and he was like this! Perfect picture opportunity![/quote]

LOL Brenna that is too cute :p

You should re-name him...Henry, Richard, Geoffrey, John..Trouble is he might start growling at himself :p :D ! I know I have a weird sense of humour! :D

I received a letter from the vet stating...'Dear Barney it is time for your check up and to discuss a date for your desexing....'

I was tempted to send a reply....

Dear Vet,

WOOF WOOF WOOF......*waves paws* WOOF WOOF....time to discuss desexing :eek: ...GRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOWWWLLLLLL

I wonder what the vet would've thought.... :D

Bec :)

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue October 11th, 2011, 2:26 am

We had a horror weekend and had to rush Barney to the vets on Friday because he had diarreah(SP?)...and again on Saturday because when I put him out at 10PM he came back in with a HUGE nose and again Sunday because his eyes began to swell. Then Monday he vomitted everywhere :( and he has been at the vets since then.

I lost my 14 year old dog Chester in April :( which near broke my heart and I was so scared of losing my new pup. The vets took x-rays which were inconclusive but this morning when I phoned the nurse said he had not vomitted that morning and they will phone back at 4PM to see if he is able to keep down his food.

I miss my Barney :(

Bec :(

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue October 11th, 2011, 9:35 am

ooh I hope Barney is OK. When you say he had a huge nose do you mean he was stung or bitten by something? Which might explain his eyes swelling too. Fingers crossed he recovers.
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue October 11th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Awww Bec I'm so sorry! Padfoot and I both hope Barney has a very speedy recovery!
Brenna

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu October 13th, 2011, 12:42 am

Barney is home :D and is doing well....He is on medication and as for the nose, yes it was some type of bug or spider bite so now he wears a muzzle when I put him out because he seems to stick his snozzle into just about everything! Naughty boy! He will also chew and swallow just about anything so poor Barney hates it but the muzzle is best, hopefully it will keep him out of trouble. :D

Thank you all for your kind thoughts :) It really is appreciated.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu October 13th, 2011, 1:35 am

Whew, glad everything is OK. I was afraid to come back to this post for threat of bad news.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu October 13th, 2011, 2:01 am

Bec: glad to hear that! Did you get my info about the Elisabeth book?

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu October 13th, 2011, 2:34 am

Thanks Misfit :) If only dogs could talk but thank goodness the vets figured it all out and he didn't have to have an operation to remove anything...but the vet bill was $500 in just 2 days :eek: ..Pray God he doesn't get sick again!

Sonjamarie :)
Yes I did and I have put it in favourites to buy next week...I have been waiting and waiting for a book on Elizabeth of Austria or Sissi for ages so thanks for the heads up :D .

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu October 13th, 2011, 12:59 pm

So glad to hear Barney is ok! Padfoot is the exact same way-if there are any paper products in reach, they are being chewed, torn apart, etc. He is especially manic about magazines!
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu October 13th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Glad to hear he's on the mend, they will stick their noses into anything won't they! I always panic when they start chasing bees.....
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

Return to “Pet Pix”