Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My tribe of kitties

Post your pet pictures here!
Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed June 2nd, 2010, 8:22 pm

[quote=""Margaret""]Phantom looks so much like my Boris! Does he have extra silky fur?[/quote]

Yes, he does! And he can turn into a real lover at times; he adores J and follows him all around the house. He and Sophie were rescues from a cat hoarder, where there had been a fire. When they came home with us, they both stunk of smoke, and were very thin. Now they have really filled out and turned into rolly-pollies.

This should be the one of Sophie.
http://twitpic.com/1qttvk

If you look to the right, you should see something that says More Photos... and if you click on the thumbnails, you should be able to see the rest.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Fri June 4th, 2010, 1:18 am

Sigh... I miss my kitties.

Adorable!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Fri June 4th, 2010, 1:22 am

Also, your travel photos are FANTASTIC. I can never get enough of other people's travel pics. And I really liked your photo of Messina. My Crown publicist's last name is Messina, and when I went there, I sent her a little magnet ;)
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Fri June 4th, 2010, 4:47 am

[quote=""michellemoran""]Also, your travel photos are FANTASTIC. I can never get enough of other people's travel pics. And I really liked your photo of Messina. My Crown publicist's last name is Messina, and when I went there, I sent her a little magnet ;) [/quote]

Thank you very much for the comment on the travel photos! I try to cull out the best to post -- I must have taken several hundred on this cruise through the Levant. I think I have one more good one of Athens, and then it will be on to Rhodes -- a place that I absolutely fell in love with. If I only had the money...

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Tue June 15th, 2010, 2:43 am

More travel photos are up, mostly of the island of Rhodes and of my kitties. All comments are most welcome. Here's the link to a listing of the photos:

http://twitpic.com/photos/DragonTangoAt50

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Tue June 15th, 2010, 3:11 am

Great pics - I was just watching a show about cruises last night, and it got me to looking up Mediterranean cruises online. SO tempting. Beautiful kitties, too!

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Tue June 15th, 2010, 3:54 am

You have some handsome cats!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue June 15th, 2010, 4:42 pm

Your cats are lovely, Jake sounds as if he was a real character.

I went to Rhodes (many) years ago at the tender age of 11 and loved it, would like to go back. did you manage to get to Lindos, I know a lot of cruise ships call there. The Old Town of Rhodes is lovely too - did you see all the cats in the moat, I think they're still there!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Tue June 15th, 2010, 10:07 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]Your cats are lovely, Jake sounds as if he was a real character.

I went to Rhodes (many) years ago at the tender age of 11 and loved it, would like to go back. did you manage to get to Lindos, I know a lot of cruise ships call there. The Old Town of Rhodes is lovely too - did you see all the cats in the moat, I think they're still there![/quote]

Jake was a real handful, and then some. He KNEW he ruled the house, humans included.

Yes, I did get to Lindos, and my bus tour of the island included a jaunt through the old city -- beautiful! And the cats were everywhere and spoiled rotten. Tourists were flipping them treats and the cats were not shy at all.

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Tue June 15th, 2010, 10:08 pm

[quote=""Ariadne""]Great pics - I was just watching a show about cruises last night, and it got me to looking up Mediterranean cruises online. SO tempting. Beautiful kitties, too![/quote]

If you can, go! It's the best way, IMHO, to get around the Med and take it all in. I am hooked on cruising now, and I want to keep doing it.

Thank you for the compliment on the kitties. They know they are gorgeous -- and spoiled.

Return to “Pet Pix”