Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Marketing a book

Got something of interest to the forum, like giveaways, news, etc.? Post it here!
David Castle
Scribbler

Marketing a book

Post by David Castle » Sun December 14th, 2008, 11:28 am

Hi, I recognise some names here :D

Marketing a book is quite good fun, I see Anita here and I placed her book on my blog and young Mr Gortner's too.

What I do is to optimise the keywords and anchor text so that natural search terms like 'Judge George Jeffreys' 'The Bloody Assize' and 'The Monmouth Rebellion' are now featuring my book on the first two pages of Google.

Anita gets loads of searches, so I hope that she is seeing more sales of her novels. We both write about the same period.

What I am just starting to do is to feature Sabatini's character Captain Blood (Sabatini Foundation are aware, or should be. Contact is difficult) Warner Bros are making a remake of Captain Blood to go up against Jack Sparrow. So I'm finding that aspect exciting. There was actually a guy named Doctor Peter Blood around in 1685, but the fictional character was based on Henry Morgan. Which is weird because he died before James Scott attempted the invasion.

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Mon December 15th, 2008, 1:41 am

I take it you're not the David Castle who writes on pharmacological topics. ;)

I don't think I have any of your books listed at HistoricalNovels.info - do you have an author website where I can look them all up?
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

David Castle
Scribbler

Post by David Castle » Mon December 15th, 2008, 9:23 am

My book, is my first. I did do it previously under a different name. Now it is properly formatted and was one of those chosen by YouWriteOn to be published by them.

Return to “Member Announcements”