Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

starting us off...

(see under "By Era" for French Revolution fiction)
love_uk
Reader

Post by love_uk » Wed September 30th, 2009, 6:43 am

[quote=""annis""]I'll put in Evelyn Anthony's 1975 novel "Anne of Austria"

<Set in 17th century France this story charts the life of Anne of Austia Queen of Louis 13th and mother of Louis 14th.
Anne's life with Louis 13th was not an easy one and their marrage was childless for many years. Later she had to battle for her son's rights in the civil wars known as the Fronde.
But the strength determination and perseverance of this clever woman shine through in this book.
Anne of Austia steps forward out of the shadow of the brilliant men with whom she shared the worlds stage, not least her son Louis 14th and her possible lover Cardinal Mazaran, as a passionate capable intelligent woman>.[/quote]

Thanks, Annis - always loved this book - but my copy is called The Cardinal & The Queen!
Joan

My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter. ~Thomas Helm

Return to “France”