Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Versailles: The Dream of a King

(see under "By Era" for French Revolution fiction)
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Versailles: The Dream of a King

Post by Misfit » Thu July 23rd, 2009, 4:43 pm

Catherine Delors has a couple of very interesting posts on this series, here and here.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Thu July 23rd, 2009, 8:29 pm

I would actually like to see this, however, from what the article says, the French is a better version. This is unfortunate as my French is not that good! I think I will try to see if I can watch it. Sometimes the BBC shows are not available here in Canada.

Thanks for the info Misfit!
Andrea

tsjmom
Reader

Post by tsjmom » Thu August 6th, 2009, 4:08 pm

This sounds perfect for me! It'll give me my French history fix and let me work on understanding the language when people speak. Just the costumes alone are worth it.

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Post by Catherine Delors » Wed September 30th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Watching it without subtitles may be a bit frustrating, but just let yourself be carried away by the beauty of the images. I don't know why the BBC had to mess with it so badly (and anyway you can't watch the BBC version from outside the UK...)

Return to “France”