Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Angelique series

(see under "By Era" for French Revolution fiction)
bevgray
Reader

Post by bevgray » Tue March 6th, 2012, 12:18 pm

You might also try the Barnes and Noble online as well as Ebay. I've found that not all booksellers use all three so that you can often find something for less on one or the other.
Beverly C. Gray
Army Brat and Lover of Historical Fiction
Guests are always welcome at my Web Site

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue March 6th, 2012, 3:27 pm

I just checked one of my local secret weapons - an online store not far from home. You can walk in and pick up anything in their online catalog, and the price is dropped to reflect the shipping expense. A book they would sell online for $3.95 (shipping included) I can walk in and buy for around $1.75. Cheaper than the cost of a swap point.

If anyone is shopping, they do have one copy of A in Lovefor under $6, shipping included.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed March 7th, 2012, 1:16 am

[quote=""Misfit""]I just checked one of my local secret weapons - an online store not far from home. You can walk in and pick up anything in their online catalog, and the price is dropped to reflect the shipping expense. A book they would sell online for $3.95 (shipping included) I can walk in and buy for around $1.75. Cheaper than the cost of a swap point.

If anyone is shopping, they do have one copy of A in Lovefor under $6, shipping included.[/quote]

There are two second hand book dealers in my home town. I will check them both out and see if they have the Angelique books. There is also a second hand book dealer in Adelaide which I will also check out and see if I can scrounge about and find them :) . Thank you everyone, but don't worry where there's a will, there's a way :D .

Bec :)

Marian
Scribbler

Post by Marian » Wed April 25th, 2012, 7:05 pm

If anyone is looking for the first Angelique book and has an account on paperbackswap, I'm willing to negotiate a deal for a few credits. Let me know if you're interested.

Return to “France”