Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander TV Series

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Fri August 15th, 2014, 12:18 pm

I saw it today and yes I enjoyed it. Jamie is pretty much how I imagined him to be...

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri August 15th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Just read on imdb that it's been renewed for a second series, although it might be a bit shorter than the first one.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun August 17th, 2014, 9:42 am

I've watched the first episode online. There's an app that let's you do so in the UK. I enjoyed it and think Sam Heughan makes a great Jamie. It's just such a pity no-one has picked the series up yet in the UK, especially as there's going to be a second season. The Scandi countries have it, as do Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Germany, Russia and even China! It's so not fair but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm a member of a few Outlander groups on Facebook. DG is in Edinburgh today promoting the first book, Cross Stitch/Outlander and some lucky fans are having dinner with her.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Wed August 20th, 2014, 8:41 am

Watched the second episode last night. No complaints so far

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Fri August 22nd, 2014, 10:20 am

I just found an interesting BBC article about Diana Gabaldon's history of writing scripts for comics, among other things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-28840596

I don't know if that's all common knowledge or not, but thought I'd share anyway. I tend to stay off the Outlander threads because I haven't read any of the books yet.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Fri August 22nd, 2014, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the link, LadyB. The graphic novel illustrations are quite beautiful.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Return to “Diana Gabaldon”