Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander series

emr
Compulsive Reader

Post by emr » Tue January 27th, 2009, 10:28 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Diana Gabaldon has said that that scene will be the very last thing explained in the last book.[/quote]

That sounds as if she's writing the story in a big circle and intends to go back to the beginning.
K back to the book :)

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue January 27th, 2009, 10:34 am

[quote=""Misfit""]She does leave a lot of lose threads lying around throughout the books. Many (but not all) were tied up in ABOSAA. Can't wait for Echo in the Bone.

BTW, according to Amazon the release date for Echo is September 29, 2009.[/quote]

It did feel as though a lot of the loose ends were tidied up didn't it, and that there was some very swift unraveling at the very end.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue January 27th, 2009, 2:58 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]It did feel as though a lot of the loose ends were tidied up didn't it, and that there was some very swift unraveling at the very end.[/quote]

Funny how an author finally realizes its getting time to finish the book and get all those loose ends wrapped up isn't it? I want more though, how did Bree and Roger end up with Lallybroch??

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue January 27th, 2009, 7:41 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]BTW, according to Amazon the release date for Echo is September 29, 2009.[/quote]

Oh, thank goodness! I was devastated at the thought of waiting even longer! Eight months and counting now...... :D
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri February 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm

DG has made it to the cartoons! She mentioned this cartoon on her blog a couple of days ago!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

An Echo in the Bone

Post by Misfit » Fri February 27th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Found this cover on Goodreads,

Also found these two gorgeous covers but my French is sorely lacking so I can't quite tell which books they are.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri February 27th, 2009, 6:34 pm

Seems a bit strange - looks like they're parts 12 and 13!! Do they know something we don't?
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri February 27th, 2009, 7:07 pm

Hopefully someone will come along and enlighten us :) :o

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri February 27th, 2009, 8:13 pm

I can't comment for sure but I know in some European countries some bigger books are divided in two and sold separately.

Edith Wharton

tsjmom
Reader

Post by tsjmom » Sun March 8th, 2009, 10:56 pm

I finally got 'Outlander' - my library's copy is 'MIA' so I bought the very small paperback. Just started today after I put down another book after 50 pgs that I just couldn't get into (and that's after another book that was so-so but I forced myself to finish b/c it was short :S)

Return to “Diana Gabaldon”