Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander series

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun September 7th, 2008, 2:11 am

Love Jamie, love Ian and Young Ian is coming into his own too!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Sun September 7th, 2008, 2:16 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Love Jamie, love Ian and Young Ian is coming into his own too![/quote]
Yes, there is something compelling about the Ian's isn't there! This is me, but I have always been turned on by someone with a prosthesis or a limp. I also like bald men too...sexy!
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun September 7th, 2008, 2:19 am

Actually I meant Roger, but Ian is such a good man that it is hard not to be drawn into his character as well.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sat September 13th, 2008, 7:03 pm

I have all 6 books on my tbr piles, and hope to read Cross Stitch soon, but am worried I will have to read all of them one after the other, thereby abandoning all the others waiting to be read!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat September 27th, 2008, 11:32 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]I have all 6 books on my tbr piles, and hope to read Cross Stitch soon, but am worried I will have to read all of them one after the other, thereby abandoning all the others waiting to be read![/quote]

That's what happened with me, as soon as one book was finished I was running to start the next one.

Just found this video on you tube but perhaps a bit spoilerish for those who haven't read read Voyager.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat September 27th, 2008, 11:40 pm

That is one of my favourite scenes in the whole series. Great find Misfit!

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun September 28th, 2008, 1:59 am

That was one of my favorites as well. These Outlander you tube videos are major time suck. Here's another one. Interesting casting ideas.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun September 28th, 2008, 2:31 am

This is one that a friend of mine has done and is lots of fun (and a bit tongue in cheek!)

Edith Wharton

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

What Does Jamie Look Like?

Post by Margaret » Thu October 2nd, 2008, 1:18 am

Guest reviewer Susan Gillmor has written a fun review of <i>Outlander</i> for my website: http://www.HistoricalNovels.info/Outlander.html.

Plus, there's a link at the end of the review to a Diana-Gabaldon-approved picture of what Jamie Fraser looks like. Cuuute!
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu October 2nd, 2008, 1:56 pm

I don't think the link to this latest excerpt from Echo has been posted here yet.

As for casting Jamie if any one wants to suck a lot of time search them on you tube -- it's a cottage industry over there picking out who they want to play whom.

Return to “Diana Gabaldon”