Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander series

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat September 6th, 2008, 6:04 am

[quote=""JMJacobsen""]You know, I can only find a few of the books unabridged on audio...others just don't seem to be available. Not sure why that is.[/quote]

Do you want downloads or actual CDs?
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Sat September 6th, 2008, 3:43 pm

:D [quote=""Misfit""]People either love 'em or hate em' but be warned, if you love it they will take over your life. [/quote]

Ain't that the truth!! I was so obssessed with these novels. I wish I could erase them from my mind and go reread them all new again!

And Jamie!! Sigh!! Can you cheat on your man with a fictional character?? :D
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Lady of the Forest
Scribbler

Post by Lady of the Forest » Sat September 6th, 2008, 4:24 pm

Right now I have

Outlander
Dragonfly in Amber
Voyager
The Drums of Autumn

I have been looking for The Fiery Cross and A Breath of Snow and Ashes, but I cannot find them at the same place where I picked up the others
Ordinary morality is for ordinary people

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Sat September 6th, 2008, 5:08 pm

[quote=""1lila1""] :D

Ain't that the truth!! I was so obssessed with these novels. I wish I could erase them from my mind and go reread them all new again!

And Jamie!! Sigh!! Can you cheat on your man with a fictional character?? :D [/quote]
Oh yeah, I am definitely in love with Jaimy, Roger is a close second after reading The Fiery Cross. Oooh, those men in plaid! ;)
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Sat September 6th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Yes, Roger went through quite a transformation, didn't he? I thought he was sort of boring and geeky (although in real life I'd probably find that sexy!!) but he turned all hunky in the last two novels!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

JMJacobsen
Reader

Post by JMJacobsen » Sat September 6th, 2008, 8:11 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]Do you want downloads or actual CDs?[/quote]

I prefer downloads, since they just go right on the ol' I-Pod, but CDs work in a pinch because I can covert those over to MP4, which then go on the I-Pod. (Convoluted, I know).

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat September 6th, 2008, 8:41 pm

Okay....Audible.com has the first four books available for download in the unabridged versions.

Audiobooks.com has A Breath of Snow and Ashes.

Recordedbooks.com has The Fiery Cross but I think only to buy and they seem expensive compared to some of the other places.

It's weird that you can't get them all from one place.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

JMJacobsen
Reader

Post by JMJacobsen » Sat September 6th, 2008, 9:23 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]Okay....Audible.com has the first four books available for download in the unabridged versions.

Audiobooks.com has A Breath of Snow and Ashes.

Recordedbooks.com has The Fiery Cross but I think only to buy and they seem expensive compared to some of the other places.

It's weird that you can't get them all from one place.[/quote]

Thanks for looking....I appreciate that. I'm a member of Audible, so that takes care of the next 3 in the series. I'll check out the other two sites, as well. It would be so nice to have them all, unabridged, on audio. I have to take one of our cars from LA out to Houston later this month and I can't think of a better way to pass the time than listening this series. :)

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat September 6th, 2008, 9:49 pm

That would certainly make the journey better in my books as well!

Edith Wharton

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Sun September 7th, 2008, 12:58 am

[quote=""1lila1""]Yes, Roger went through quite a transformation, didn't he? I thought he was sort of boring and geeky (although in real life I'd probably find that sexy!!) but he turned all hunky in the last two novels![/quote]

Isn't that the truth. It's so funny that you find the boring geeky guys sexy in real life. I find that to be true, especially if they are really passionate about what they do. When I was first dating my husband he sent me this geeky picture of himself and I was all over it. He laughs about it now! But isn't it interresting that what we appreciate and enjoy in real life is not necessarily what turns us on in literature. For me, reading is an escape, so I like to read and fantasize about situations that I normally wouldn't do or see myself doing.
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

Return to “Diana Gabaldon”