Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander series

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Outlander series

Post by diamondlil » Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:07 am

I credit this author with getting me back into reading after a complete break of about 7 years. Yes, it's hard to believe but at one stage I barely read a book every few months!

Anyway, on her blog today, Diana Gabaldon has said that she is hoping to have finished writing the 7th but not the last book in the Outlander series by the end of the year with a view to having the book published in Fall of 2009.

She has also provided an excerpt if anyone is interested!
Last edited by diamondlil on Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:33 am

Thanks for sharing -- what a great excerpt. As much as I'm looking forward to more of Jamie and Claire that little teaser from the end of ABOSAA has me hankering for more of Roger and Bree and their journey back. I'm going to have to keep a close watch on the book listing - if I put in a purchase request at the library I'll be first on the hold list :)

Isn't it something when you can find an author who takes your life in a whole different direction? I was stuck reading true crime for years until I finally decided to break the mold and I found Joan Wolf's Born of the Sun buried amongst my older paperbacks. After that and The Other Boleyn Girl I never looked back, my books have to be in another century.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:39 am

That's good news!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri September 5th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Found it listed on Amazon UK with a 2010 publication date. No listing on .com or .ca

I'll be interested to see if my purchase request at the library gets me at the top of the heap when it finally comes in :D

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Fri September 5th, 2008, 2:52 pm

I have yet to read ABOSAA, but I think I am going to wait a little while to read it. Although I am dying to dig in to it, I dont want to wait such a long time imbetween that book and her new one An Echo in the Bone. I can hardly wait!!!! :D
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

Lady of the Forest
Scribbler

Post by Lady of the Forest » Fri September 5th, 2008, 3:52 pm

I saw her books at a book sale and decided to pick them up becasue they were cheap and sounded interesting, but I haven't yet started reading them, I was waiting untill I get get the others I did not have yet first. I think have like 4 or 5 of the books
Ordinary morality is for ordinary people

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri September 5th, 2008, 4:02 pm

People either love 'em or hate em' but be warned, if you love it they will take over your life. Can't remember the last time I was reading books whilst cooking dinner :p

JaneConsumer
Reader

Post by JaneConsumer » Fri September 5th, 2008, 8:12 pm

I thought the new one was scheduled for 2009. Wa-aaa!

xiaotien
Reader

Post by xiaotien » Fri September 5th, 2008, 8:19 pm

i have this on my to read pile!

gosh golly what next? i've got like 12 books
from my bday. i was so spoiled. i'm leaning toward
lavinia by leguin or brideshead revisited.

i'm excited to read OUTLANDER, tho.

i picked it up because there was an article
on her recently in writer magazine.
SILVER PHOENIX : Beyond the Kingdom of Xia
greenwillow / harpercollins summer '09

cindypon.com

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Fri September 5th, 2008, 9:17 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]People either love 'em or hate em' but be warned, if you love it they will take over your life. Can't remember the last time I was reading books whilst cooking dinner :p [/quote]

Thank God I am not the only one who has these books take over their life. I have finished reading The Fiery Cross now for two weeks and am still thinking about Jaimy and Claire, Roger and Bree every day. I don't know how long I can wait before running out and getting A Breath of Snow and Ashes! I am wanting to savour them, you know like really good chocolates. Sigh!!!
Last edited by Spitfire on Fri September 5th, 2008, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

Return to “Diana Gabaldon”