Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

An Echo in the Bone

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

An Echo in the Bone

Post by diamondlil » Sat April 4th, 2009, 2:58 am

I have started a new thread just in case there are spoilers for people who haven't read all of the earlier books. There is now a blurb for this book:
Jamie Fraser, erstwhile Jacobite and reluctant rebel, knows three things about the American rebellion: The Americans will win, unlikely as that seems in 1777; being on the winning side is no guarantee of survival; and he’d rather die than face his illegitimate son—a young lieutenant in the British army—across the barrel of a gun.

His time-traveling wife, Claire, knows that the Americans will win, but not what the ultimate price may be. That price won’t include Jamie’s life or happiness, though—not if she has anything to say about it.

And in the relative safety of the 20th century, their daughter Brianna and her husband, Roger, watch the unfolding of her parents story in the past—a past that may be sneaking up behind their own family.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

MrsMorland
Reader

Post by MrsMorland » Mon April 6th, 2009, 5:54 pm

ooooh I can't wait!

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon April 6th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I'm looking forward to this one. I originally raced through the "Outlander" series, and then developed "Fraser fatigue" after "Drums of Autumn".
Last year I picked up the series again, and was reminded of what a great storyteller DG is. I'm glad that the story is to continue, and what an evocative title!

Mattigan
Scribbler

Post by Mattigan » Tue April 7th, 2009, 6:07 am

I love these books.

I was saving A Breath of Snow and Ashes to read over a long weekend with nothing to do and I have never gotten to it. I'd better move it up in the pile.

Lauryn
Reader

Post by Lauryn » Fri April 17th, 2009, 7:43 am

I really love these books. All her characters seem so real to me, that it is sometimes shocking to put the book down and discover that I am not, in fact, on Fraser's Ridge in the 1770's.
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri April 17th, 2009, 9:53 am

I'm planning on taking A Breath of Snow and Ashes on holiday with me in July and then I shall have to wait for this one to be published! I have it on order with Amazon but it's still giving me a date of 2010.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri April 17th, 2009, 11:20 am

I've only just read Cross Stitch so have all that catching up to do, yum!

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Mon April 20th, 2009, 12:47 am

I have been holding off reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes purely to draw out the time and savour the experience because I know it will be a while before Echo in the Bone will come out. Sigh! I just love this series!
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

MrsMorland
Reader

Post by MrsMorland » Tue April 21st, 2009, 1:30 am

I am giving the first book to a friend who asked me for a recommendation for something "as good as Twilight series". I hope she loves it!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun August 23rd, 2009, 11:43 pm

I just spotted this post at Goodreads which has a link to a Table of Contents for Echo here.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Diana Gabaldon”