Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Started up a blog

Got a question/comment about the business of writing or about the publishing industry? Here's your place to post it!
Justin Swanton
Reader

Started up a blog

Post by Justin Swanton » Fri January 18th, 2013, 10:47 am

The link to it is in my signature.

Who is experienced in blogging? What kind of things should a blog have? Mine is very much a default one and just has the posts and comments section, a link to my profile, and a picture of my novel cover.

Someone needs to explain how RSS, del.ici.ous, etc. works. Is all of it necessary? What bits and pieces make a difference to a blog?
Last edited by Justin Swanton on Fri January 18th, 2013, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nunquam minus solus quam cum solus.

Author of Centurion's Daughter

Come visit my blog

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sat February 2nd, 2013, 4:11 pm

I'm by no means an expert, but it looks like you have a good start. If you are self pubbed like I am a blog is a very good way of getting the word out to potential reader. Keep at it!

Antoine Vanner
Reader

Post by Antoine Vanner » Sat February 9th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Dear Helen:

You say you're not an expert but you could have fooled me! This blog is magnificent!

Keep it up!

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sat February 9th, 2013, 7:23 pm

[quote=""Antoine Vanner""]Dear Helen:

You say you're not an expert but you could have fooled me! This blog is magnificent!

Keep it up![/quote]

Thank you. I haven't updated recently since I'm busy with school and trying to find work but I plan to review a biography of the Perons I read recently over the weekend.

Return to “The Writing Business”