Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Really Helpful Book I Have Recently Discovered

Got a question/comment about the business of writing or about the publishing industry? Here's your place to post it!
Leonardo Noto
Scribbler

Really Helpful Book I Have Recently Discovered

Post by Leonardo Noto » Sat July 7th, 2012, 8:02 pm

"How to Market A Book," which is essentially about how to use the internet in general and social media in particular to market your book. I'm nearly through the e-book version, which was < $5, and I'm kicking myself for not purchasing a book along these lines earlier. If you're technology savvy and have a website, blog, and presence on Facebook, Twitter, etc., then you probably won't benefit from this book. However, if you're like me and better with the pen than the keyboard (I'm also pretty good with the stethoscope :p ) then this book is really a god-send. At least it has been for me.

Leonardo Noto

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat July 7th, 2012, 10:06 pm

On the same lines, you might check out Platform: get noticed in a noisy world by Michael Hyatt. It spreads out to general topics, but since the man is a writer and was CEO of a large publishing company (I think he's president of the board now) all the information is publishing-slanted.

He did inspire me to finally start a blog. Which reminds me, it's frozen in mid-anecdote. *hangs head in shame*

Leonardo Noto
Scribbler

Thanks for the rec

Post by Leonardo Noto » Sun July 8th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Thanks for the recommendation; I'll definitely check it out.

Leonardo Noto

Return to “The Writing Business”