Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NanoWriMo 2009

Got a question/comment about the business of writing or about the publishing industry? Here's your place to post it!
CrimsonPetal
Reader

Postby CrimsonPetal » Sat October 24th, 2009, 4:50 am

"LoveHistory" wrote:Oh CP, that's beautiful!

Thanks! :D

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon October 26th, 2009, 12:46 am

Another friend encouraged me to give it a shot so I'm in. My username is Lady_Indis_Dress

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Postby Julianne Douglas » Thu October 29th, 2009, 4:02 am

I added you, LoveHisory! We'll just do what we can.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Postby Julianne Douglas » Thu October 29th, 2009, 4:03 am

Anita, I don't expect to write 50,000, which wouldn't even complete my novel, but I figure participating will give me some extra motivation. Besides, it's fun to see everyone's numbers going up! I might even try to attend some of the "write-ins" in my town and meet some new people.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

cordaella
Scribbler

Postby cordaella » Mon November 2nd, 2009, 12:30 pm

I've entered again (araucaria). Had to abandon 2008 for family reasons but finished in 2007 and what a buzz that was! Good luck all and may I add you to my NaNo buddy list?

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Postby SarahWoodbury » Mon November 2nd, 2009, 3:11 pm

That would be great! I've got a meeting in an hour and a half, but I'm going to see what I can get done today . . .

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon November 2nd, 2009, 3:27 pm

The more buddies the better!

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Thu November 5th, 2009, 5:05 pm

It's good to see others doing this as well, but I know I will never reach 50,000 words by November 30th. Still, I'm using the discipline to get this crap out of my head once and for all. I figure if I can't make significant headway this month, I'm trashing the whole thing and will just forget about it.

My username is Andrasta if anyone wants to add me...
Last edited by Rowan on Thu November 5th, 2009, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Fri November 6th, 2009, 12:17 am

So fun!!!! Good luck everyone!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Return to “The Writing Business”