Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Knossos: A Novel of Ancient Crete

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
lauragill
Avid Reader

Knossos: A Novel of Ancient Crete

Post by lauragill » Thu May 15th, 2014, 6:44 pm

272,000 words and two years later, I'm finally done with KNOSSOS and can start reading for pleasure again.

About the novel:

Knossos.

The legendary Labyrinth.

Go back millennia to a time when Knossos was the jewel of Crete, center of commerce and pilgrimage. A Neolithic sea captain is driven to find a new homeland for his people when the neighboring tribes turn against them. Proud, ambitious priests and priestesses rule Crete through its many gods. Daidalos, a wronged architect, builds the Labyrinth after a devastating personal tragedy; his successors, the priest-architects of Daidalos, are charged with expanding and glorifying his master work. A dutiful scribe attends the dead after a natural disaster of world-changing fury. A dynasty of Mycenaean conquerors changes Crete, for good or ill. And a crazed girl’s passion and the mysterious bull-man of the Labyrinth will change history.

In these ten stories of Minoan Crete, spanning a period of five thousand years, Knossos is at the heart of it all.

You can purchase it on Kindle now.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Fri May 16th, 2014, 7:00 am

That sounds interesting. Does it come in the tree format?
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

lauragill
Avid Reader

Post by lauragill » Fri May 16th, 2014, 4:14 pm

[quote=""Nefret""]That sounds interesting. Does it come in the tree format?[/quote]

Sorry, it doesn't. If I were to publish it through CreateSpace, the cost of 727 pages would be too expensive for readers. But you don't have to own a Kindle to read the book. I believe Kindle now has an app that allows anyone to read their books.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri May 16th, 2014, 4:49 pm

[quote=""lauragill""]Sorry, it doesn't. If I were to publish it through CreateSpace, the cost of 727 pages would be too expensive for readers. But you don't have to own a Kindle to read the book. I believe Kindle now has an app that allows anyone to read their books.[/quote]

Yep, there are apps for just about any mobile device (or PC) that I can think of. Congrats Laura.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Carla
Compulsive Reader

Post by Carla » Fri May 16th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Congratulations!
PATHS OF EXILE - love, war, honour and betrayal in Anglo-Saxon Northumbria
Editor's Choice, Historical Novels Review, August 2009
Now available as e-book on Amazon Kindleand in Kindle, Epub (Nook, Sony Reader), Palm and other formats on Smashwords
Blog: http://carlanayland.blogspot.com

lauragill
Avid Reader

Post by lauragill » Fri May 16th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Thanks for the congrats. Now go buy! :o

Nefret
Bibliomaniac

Post by Nefret » Fri May 16th, 2014, 7:01 pm

My phone doesn't support anything that isn't calls or texts. Is there some way I could get it on my laptop?
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

lauragill
Avid Reader

Post by lauragill » Fri May 16th, 2014, 7:17 pm

[quote=""Nefret""]My phone doesn't support anything that isn't calls or texts. Is there some way I could get it on my laptop?[/quote]

You should be able to download the Kindle app to your laptop.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri May 16th, 2014, 7:24 pm

[quote=""lauragill""]You should be able to download the Kindle app to your laptop.[/quote]

What version of Windows are you using? Mine is Win 8 and came with a nifty Kindle program. Link to download app for PC should be this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Nefret
Bibliomaniac

Post by Nefret » Fri May 16th, 2014, 7:36 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]What version of Windows are you using? Mine is Win 8 and came with a nifty Kindle program. Link to download app for PC should be this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download[/quote]

My laptop already has a kindle app. Now if I only knew how to use it.
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Return to “Author Announcements”