Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Radio Interview about "Hypatia: Her Life and Times"

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
fljustice
Bibliophile

Radio Interview about "Hypatia: Her Life and Times"

Post by fljustice » Sun November 10th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Wow, this come out of the blue! A couple of months ago, a women from a science radio show got in touch with me about my book Hypatia: Her Life and Times--they loved it and wanted to interview me. We had a lovely conversation and the interview is now available for listening at their site "Science for the People" http://www.scienceforthepeople.ca/episo ... en-in-stem

When I pulled together this little book a year and a half ago, I had no idea it would be so popular. It's one of the best selling books on ancient history at the iBook store (coming in right behind Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire).
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Sun November 10th, 2013, 7:13 pm

I didn't even know this was a thing. Listening to your episode now.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Mon November 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Thanks, Nefret! I sounded a lot less rambling than what I remembered during the interview, so they must have done a good job editing.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Mon November 11th, 2013, 6:05 pm

It did make me want to read your book. And I listen to a few more episodes of the show too.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Return to “Author Announcements”