Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A Mother's Day Special

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
maggie plummer

A Mother's Day Special

Post by maggie plummer » Tue May 7th, 2013, 8:01 pm

For Mother's Day, I am offering my novel's Kindle e-book for only 99 cents (it is usually $2.99). The special will run from 10 a.m. Sunday to 10 a.m. Monday (May 13). Cheers to all the mothers celebrating!

My historical novel, Spirited Away: A Novel of the Stolen Irish, currently has almost 80 five-star reviews on its Amazon page (150 reviews total, with an average 4.3 stars). :D :) :cool:

Here is a description:

It's May 1653. When fourteen-year-old Freddy O’Brennan trusts the wrong stranger on an empty beach in western Ireland, she inadvertently places herself in the crosshairs of Cromwell’s notorious Reign of Terror.

Freddy awakens in the cramped hold of a slave ship bound for Barbados. Ripped from her loved ones, she endures a gruesome voyage and a vile auction. Freddy, sold to the highest bidder, alone, and far from her beloved homeland, faces the brutal realities of life as a female Irish slave on a seventeenth century Barbados sugar plantation. Amidst the island's treacherous beauty, she must find a way to bear her cruel, drunken Master using her as a breeding slave and kitchen drudge.

Heartsick with yearning for her family and the farm life she knew, Freddy reaches deep inside herself for the strength she needs to protect her young spirit from being broken. As she struggles to survive rape, degradation, beatings, and the harrowing spectacle of her Irish countrymen being flogged and starved to death, the high-spirited Freddy risks severe punishment by sneaking food and medicine to the suffering field slaves. Eventually she braves more serious threats for the sake of loyal friendship and love.

Spirited Away: A Novel of the Stolen Irish is a 60,000-word historical novel that paints an intimate, compelling portrait of 1650s Irish slavery in the Caribbean.

http://www.amazon.com/Spirited-Away-Nov ... 1478140267

maggie plummer

anyone else?

Post by maggie plummer » Tue May 7th, 2013, 8:05 pm

any other authors want to offer a Mother's Day Special? just jump on the thread, ok?

and, again, Happy Mother's Day to all the hard-working, loving mothers out there! :D

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue May 7th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Maggie, did you read the board rules before posting?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue May 7th, 2013, 11:43 pm

[quote=""MLE""]Maggie, did you read the board rules before posting?[/quote]

Good question. I'll close the thread until head mod BB comes along to decide.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Author Announcements”