Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My Next Book - Release Date

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
Celia Hayes
Reader

My Next Book - Release Date

Post by Celia Hayes » Tue November 16th, 2010, 8:55 pm

All righty, then - my next book Daughter of Texas will be released April 21, 2011 - This is deliberately planned to coincide with the 175th anniversary of the Texas War for Independence. April 21 is San Jacinto Day - and we are hoping to get a lot of tie-in publicity with local observances of the date.

(This is the battle in which Sam Houston lured the Mexican general Lopez de Santa Anna further and further into Texas ... and when he was in exactly the right place, turned around and fought. And captured Santa Anna alive, after demolishing his Army. Long story - much of which is included, from my heroine's point of view.)

See - no headless lady in a period gown and it looks good in thumbnail, too.
Celia Hayes
www.celiahayes.com

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Tue November 16th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Good luck with the sale Celia. Pretty cover!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed November 17th, 2010, 1:06 am

Nice. What kind of tree is that?

Celia Hayes
Reader

Post by Celia Hayes » Wed November 17th, 2010, 3:23 am

Thanks, Wendy - fingers crossed!
The two distant look like post oaks -maybe live oaks - the nearer on the right is probably a mountain laurel. When that blossoms, they smell like grape soda.
Celia Hayes
www.celiahayes.com

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed November 17th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Trees that smell like grape soda? Awesome! Best of luck, Celia!

Return to “Author Announcements”