Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Waterstone's

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
Christina
Reader

Waterstone's

Post by Christina » Sat January 17th, 2009, 10:57 pm

I don't suppose many people on the forum are from around this area, but if you happen to be in Waterstone's Leeds, in March, I am giving a talk and doing a book signing of my novel "Most Beautiful Princess" about Queen Victoria's granddaughter, Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia - sister of the last Tsarina. Naturally :D , I'd welcome anyone who was there :)

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun January 18th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Good luck Christina - hope it goes well!
I'm in Waterstones in March too - Bury St Edmunds!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun January 18th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Do you know the date, Christina? I sometimes go into Leeds when I'm visiting my mum.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Christina
Reader

Post by Christina » Sun January 18th, 2009, 10:54 pm

Thank you, EC2! Good luck to you as well in Bury St. Edmunds! (There was some talk of Waterstone's going under with Woolworth's - the owner of which was part of Waterstone's distribution service, I think, but happily they seem to have weathered the storm and, judging by the queues in the shops on an average day, I am so glad they seem to be thriving!).

Thank you, too, Vanessa :-) . It is the evening of Thursday March 12th - to be confirmed this coming week :-) .

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Mon January 19th, 2009, 11:11 am

It's a bit far up the motorway for me, but good luck Christina & knock 'em dead :D

Christina
Reader

Post by Christina » Tue January 20th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Thank you, Leo62 :-)

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue January 20th, 2009, 10:42 pm

[quote=""Christina""]Thank you, EC2! Good luck to you as well in Bury St. Edmunds! (There was some talk of Waterstone's going under with Woolworth's - the owner of which was part of Waterstone's distribution service, I think, but happily they seem to have weathered the storm and, judging by the queues in the shops on an average day, I am so glad they seem to be thriving!).

Thank you, too, Vanessa :-) . It is the evening of Thursday March 12th - to be confirmed this coming week :-) .[/quote]

I think it was Bertrams the book distributer, but as you say, they seem not to be included in the Woolworthy down the plughole.
Let us all know how it goes!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Christina
Reader

Post by Christina » Tue January 20th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Yes, Bertram's - that was it :-) . Thank you, I will do. And let us know how yours goes, too :-)

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue January 20th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Good luck!!!! I really wish I could be there :]
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu January 22nd, 2009, 11:11 am

Good luck you two!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Return to “Author Announcements”