Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Happy Birthday Brenna!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Heavenfield by L J Ross & Lost for Words by Stephanie Butland
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Happy Birthday Brenna!

Postby Madeleine » Tue January 31st, 2012, 5:05 pm

Have a good day Brenna, glad it's going well.
Currently reading "Heavenfield" by L J Ross & "Lost for Words" by Stephanie Butland

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Postby LoobyG » Tue January 31st, 2012, 5:44 pm

Happy Birthday Brenna :)

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Tue January 31st, 2012, 5:58 pm

Happy birthday, Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Tue January 31st, 2012, 11:54 pm

Brenna, you certainly deserve to wake up contented on your birthday - may it be a happy day, and an even better year!

My own is coming, but it tends to be a quiet and subdued family occasion; my dad died on that day, but it's been nine years now so I've left the personal drama about that well behind (so please don't succumb to pity! I had a GREAT dad, in so many senses of the description). Mom and I will probably run off to go antiquing or hit the funky furniture store downtown or who knows what. I look forward to remembrance and peace.

Here's hoping you have JOY and peace Brenna!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Happy Birthday Brenna!

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed February 1st, 2012, 3:07 am

It's not on the calendar, we'll have to fix that!

Hope you had a good day and no bad dreams!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

TiciaRoma
Reader

Postby TiciaRoma » Wed February 1st, 2012, 3:38 am

I'm late to the party, but hope you've had a very happy day. Actually, I favor the birth-week celebration approach! :D

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Survivors by Kate Furnivall & The Corset by Laura Purcell (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Wed February 1st, 2012, 9:41 am

Hope you had a great day, Brenna!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Wed February 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm

Happy (late) Birthday, Brenna. Hope it was a good one!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Wed February 1st, 2012, 11:05 pm

"DianeL" wrote:Brenna, you certainly deserve to wake up contented on your birthday - may it be a happy day, and an even better year!

My own is coming, but it tends to be a quiet and subdued family occasion; my dad died on that day, but it's been nine years now so I've left the personal drama about that well behind (so please don't succumb to pity! I had a GREAT dad, in so many senses of the description). Mom and I will probably run off to go antiquing or hit the funky furniture store downtown or who knows what. I look forward to remembrance and peace.

Here's hoping you have JOY and peace Brenna!

DianeL-I am sorry. I can relate as both of my grandfather's died on my birthday, four years apart. As I told my husband, yesterday was one of the best birthdays I can ever remember. Glad you have found the same peace!

"SonjaMarie" wrote:It's not on the calendar, we'll have to fix that!

Hope you had a good day and no bad dreams!

SM

Aww, well I got an e-mail from the forum wishing me a happy birthday, so no one seemed to forget.

Better with the dreams, thank goodness!

Thank you to everyone else for your birthday wishes! It was a fantastic day!
Brenna

Return to “Birthday Thread”