Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The crown temple?

A place to debate issues or to rant about what's on your mind. In addition to discussions about historical fiction, books, the publishing industry, and history, discussions about current political, social, and religious issues and other topics are allowed, so those who are easily offended by certain topics may want to avoid such threads. Members are expected to keep the discussions friendly and polite and to avoid personal attacks on other members. The moderators reserve the right to shut down a thread without warning if they believe it necessary.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

The crown temple?

Post by Misfit » Sun March 20th, 2016, 2:58 pm

http://www.truedemocracy.net/hj31/20.html

Can anyone help me suss this out?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Re: The crown temple?

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun March 20th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Is this a spoof?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 20th, 2016, 3:48 pm

MLE (Emily Cotton) wrote:Is this a spoof?
I believe it's dead serious. I stumbled onto this while searching after seeing a comment on this thread:
You cannot find a common law court or real attorney within the lower 48" any longer. Why? Because attorney's are acting on behalf of the crown temple bar in london. The crown temple answers to the crown of england. The king never left after 1812.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun March 20th, 2016, 5:43 pm

Hmm--the fact that the person writing this can't punctuate properly does not argue for authenticity.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 20th, 2016, 5:58 pm

MLE (Emily Cotton) wrote:Hmm--the fact that the person writing this can't punctuate properly does not argue for authenticity.
Ya think?

Lurking on the FB pages of the Bundy Ranch, the Finicum support and some of the others you would find that poor spelling, punctuation and grammar is a common theme.

Following the Malhuer occupation and the twists and turns the story has taken is just mind boggling, but the crown temple is a whole new twist for me. If you want a succinct recap, this is a good place to start. http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... _highlight

Oh, but they were just camping says Nevada assemblywoman who is now running for congress says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofwpQR ... e=youtu.be

PS, I know this topic can get a bit heated, which is why I've purposely kept it off my FB feeds and have been chatting with peeps at a thread on Amazon. If it ruffles any feathers here, feel free to take this down. I was mostly trying to figure out the crown temple and tie in to US ownership. Really, you can't make this stuff up.

Return to “Debate/Rant Forum”