Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BC Interview

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

BC Interview

Postby Rowan » Wed January 27th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Tomorrow on NPR's Talk of the Nation, there will be an interview with Bernard Cornwell. My co-worker just informed me of this. I am going to have a listen.

For those who won't be able to catch it live for whatever reason, the interviews are usually posted on their website in audio form after 6:00 EST. Talk of the Nation

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Thu January 28th, 2010, 1:21 am

Thanks for the tip, Rowan.

I'm a bit peeved to discover that the Uhtred series is on hold for a year (next one due out 2011), while BC works on his American Revolution book, which looks as if it might be the start of another series. He has played in that setting before, with "Redcoat".

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Fri January 29th, 2010, 3:18 pm

I listened to the interview and thoroughly enjoyed it. He's got a great sense of humour. :D

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Postby Anna Elliott » Fri January 29th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Thanks for posting, Rowan! I'm off to check it out.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]
Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)
[/COLOR]
User signature picture

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Sat January 30th, 2010, 4:08 am

Just listened to the interview and enjoyed it. I've never actually heard BC speak before, but he is very articulate and affable. If you follow his Question & Answers section on his website, though, you soon discover that though he is friendly and responsive, he doesn't suffer fools gladly and will smartly send someone off with a flea in their ear if he feels they are being plain silly or have an unreasonable agenda.

Return to “Bernard Cornwell”